DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found fix for log retrieval in Assistant 2

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Up until now, I've been associating the error with retrieving flight logs from my M2Z using Assistant 2 that the Assistant needed an update. Nobody had posted that they have been successful in retrieving logs from an M2 using Assistant 2. I'll state now for the record that Assistant 2 version 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 is compatible with the M2.

The real reason was how the Assistant was trying to connect to the Mavic which was impeded.
The Assistant uses the USB adapter as a network interface to the Mavic. The network adapter will appear in Device Mnager as Remote NDIS based Sharing Device.
For my desktop, that was in error. Apparently the Checkpoint VPN I use for work was causing a conflict. Uninstalling the VPN cleared the problem up. I could even reinstall the VPN and still had no issues.

For my laptop, it may have been a Windows Firewall issue, though it could also have been the Checkpoint VPN that eventually cleared itself up.

For troubleshooting, if you run ipconfig in a command prompt with the AC connected to the Assistant you should see an interface having IP something like 192.168.42.2.
In Resource Monitor/Networking, you should see Assistant try to connect to the AC via one of the AC's 192.168.42.x addresses (.3 or .4 I think) port 21. If the NDIS is not working and did not get a proper IP, or if a PC firewall is blocking the connection, your PC can't reach the AC's IP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trubbaman