DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fraud warning

Levitate

Reactions
One of the larger retailers of consumer quads, "Drone-World" was recently shut down. Apparently, the owner, Stephen McKenna, was counterfeiting products (cheap knockoffs) and passing them off as the original "real" product. Attached is the court docket of what is going on:

One of the larger retailers of consumer quads, "Drone-World" was recently shut down. Apparently, the owner, Stephen McKenna, was counterfeiting products (cheap knockoffs) and passing them off as the original "real" product. Attached is the court docket of what is going on:

The document doesn’t show any resolution, just the meanderings of a complaint in the court system. I wasted time reading the whole thing... my bad.
Is there any resolution? Was the complaint true?

The document doesn’t show any resolution, just the meanderings of a complaint in the court system. I wasted time reading the whole thing... my bad.
Is there any resolution? Was the complaint true?

If you go through the history of the case, you'll see the Court has found in favor of the Plaintiff. Moreover, Drone-World admitted to doing this and offered a settlement, which was actually not much money and the plaintiff declined. So it goes to trial in August. In the meantime, Drone World is on the hook for millions, so that's why it is shut down.

Reactions: WAXMAN and Thomas B
If you go through the history of the case, you'll see the Court has found in favor of the Plaintiff. Moreover, Drone-World admitted to doing this and offered a settlement, which was actually not much money and the plaintiff declined. So it goes to trial in August. In the meantime, Drone World is on the hook for millions, so that's why it is shut down.
Thx! Appreciate the quick summary.

A new Regime perhaps?

RUF is fighting for the people! ;)

edit: *RUF the car manufacturer. I have no politcal afiliations

That one is in Cape Town, Africa and not subject to US jurisdiction. Each store is independently owned and has their own DJI authorization.

It was already pointed out above that it was not that store but “drone-world.com” which is now down due to the fraud lawsuit.

It was already pointed out above that it was not that store but “drone-world.com” which is now down due to the fraud lawsuit.

Sorry for the redundancy, my bad for not reading throughly.

This puts a stain on all the stores with that name. I know for sure I will never buy from a store with that name. Sucks for the other guys but that's business.

This puts a stain on all the stores with that name. I know for sure I will never buy from a store with that name. Sucks for the other guys but that's business.

True that. Honestly though- you might as well buy from a big box retailer anyway. They all have good return policies.

Reactions: Trollistika
True that. Honestly though- you might as well buy from a big box retailer anyway. They all have good return policies.

Yep. And get it the same day on the very same, second, you buy it period, nothing beats that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk