DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Unrestricted H265 to H264 converter

Mrktn

Reactions
Hi, having trouble viewing my drone footage on my smart tv. The file codec is H265 which seems to be the problem.

Can anyone point me to a free converter which doesn’t have video time length restrictions etc.

Thanks

Last edited:
VLC is a free player that can play "everything", and is supposed to be able to do that conversion. I haven't tried it myself though.

ffmpeg is a classic free one, although not easy to use without a GUI. It is a console based app.
Handbrake puts a GUI on ffmpeg, and integrates a handful of other best-in-class open source functions. And it’s free! Highly recommended! Only get it from the official site:

Reactions: Mrktn
Thanks for all your replies.

@SethB the free version of handbrake, will it convert h265 files that are over 5 minutes long?
The free, open source version of Handbrake is the only legitimate release of the software. There is no paid version, no additional features to unlock.

There is no video length restriction by Handbrake.

The free, open source version of Handbrake is the only legitimate release of the software. There is no paid version, no additional features to unlock.

There is no video length restriction by Handbrake.
Amazing, top man.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom