DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Freewell ND Filters for DJI Air3

gcopter1

Reactions
I've got an Air 3 on order and this time around, I'm planning on purchasing a set of filters.
Seems like some people are getting gimbal overload messages, although, they don't specify which brand they used, I'm still worried I end up selecting the wrong set. Looks like Freewell sells a set with the polarizing option, the one shaped in a circle and another option that splits the ND for either camera used.

Has anyone here experience with the Freewell filters that can chime in with their finds?

In general, Freewell makes great filters and has been doing so for some years now. I fully trust they've tested them and they will work as expected.

If you still have doubts though, do yourself a favor and buy them from a store that allows for hassle free returns (like here on Amazon).

I looked at the freewell filters as well, but they are more expensive than DJI themselves, plus they have day ones, & others instead of having just one lot. So they want you to buy more sets. I bought a set from aliexpress and I must admit I'm impressed.

I've got an Air 3 on order and this time around, I'm planning on purchasing a set of filters.
Seems like some people are getting gimbal overload messages, although, they don't specify which brand they used, I'm still worried I end up selecting the wrong set. Looks like Freewell sells a set with the polarizing option, the one shaped in a circle and another option that splits the ND for either camera used.

Has anyone here experience with the Freewell filters that can chime in with their finds?
Just to be sure you are installing the filters correctly. Make sure the drone is powered down, you shouldn’t touch the camera or gimbal when it’s powered up.
Freewell are good filters but maybe slightly heavier than others because the are optical quality glass and not cheap resin filters. I use them on the M3Classic and the work really well.

Reactions: gcopter1
I bought a set Freewell nds withot polarizers instead of the DJI ones because they have different nd values for the two lens, making the exposure the same for both lenses, got them on amazon but it looks one would have to go to Freewell now

Reactions: marshvet
I have the Freewell filters (ND w circular polarizer) and am very happy w them. Actually bou them direct from Freewell (this was before they were available on Amazon, etc) and they were promptly shipped and arrived quickly!

Reactions: gcopter1
Got the All Day 8 Pack from Freewell on Amazon.

Thank you all!

I bought a set Freewell nds withot polarizers instead of the DJI ones because they have different nd values for the two lens, making the exposure the same for both lenses, got them on amazon but it looks one would have to go to Freewell now
Landshark,
How are these split filters working for you? Thanks in advance.

Just get the DJI original, they will work for sure, expensive, yes but no error messages , why bother with third party products, when you already spent so much on your new drone. Good luck with your new toy Air 3 is awesome…

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne