DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Brecon Beacons.

Gooseman

Reactions

Shot at 50th at between f3.5 and f4.5 (PolarPro NDs), 25fps, in FOV, 4K 10bit DLOG H265, edited on FCPX and output in in ProRes 422 in 4K. NEW! Now linked to Vimeo site and available in gorgeous 4K, so hit that cog button!
66 minutes of video shot during 8 flights totalling 5.5 miles, taking a little over 98 minutes of total flight time.
CAA compliant of course.

Last edited:
nice work Gooseman i am not far from the beacons about 30 mins by car when was it filmed

Reactions: Gooseman
yesterday (Friday 4th)
thanks for your reply its still a bit to cold for me to fly much at the moment old bones and cold not a good combination keep up the good work

Tell me about it! Painful not being able to wear gloves while operating!
i have got some fingerless ones not perfect but do help a bit and can still use the screen icons or you could buy an ordinary pair of wooly ones and just cut off the top of the forefinger and stitch it to stop it fraying

Reactions: calmar81

Shot in FOV, 4K 10bit DLOG H265, edited on FCPX and output in in ProRes 422 in 4K. All that gorgeous expensive quality decimated by Youtube's ugly compression.
66 minutes of video shot during 8 flights totalling 5.5 miles, taking a little over 98 minutes of total flight time.
Some great footage in there, particularly the river scenes.
I climbed Pen Y Fan a long time ago, a beautiful party of the country.
Thanks for sharing

Some great footage in there, particularly the river scenes.
I climbed Pen Y Fan a long time ago, a beautiful party of the country.
Thanks for sharing
I went up PYF on a late walk last summer. I was going to wild camp in a quiet spot on the way down but there was no wind and the midges were terrifying!

Shot at 50th at between f3.5 and f4.5 (PolarPro NDs), 25fps, in FOV, 4K 10bit DLOG H265, edited on FCPX and output in in ProRes 422 in 4K. All that gorgeous expensive quality decimated by Youtube's ugly compression.
CAA compliant of course.

Artistically great! Thank you for addig nadir shots between your orthogonals- it totally captivated me seeing that beautiful landscape with both points of view. A lot of photographers simply dont do those and their videos start to look very similar with each other. I love doing nadir stills, they are my favorite orientation for aerials. Your slow motion low levels over the streams and rocky outcrops were nice too. Good choice of soundtrack as well, never heard of Kai Engel before, but I’m listening to his work right now and really like it. Which album/track of of his was it? Well done!

Last edited:
Artistically great! Thank you for addig nadir shots between your orthogonals- it totally captivated me seeing that beautiful landscape with both points of view. A lot of photographers simply dont do those and their videos start to look very similar with each other. I love doing nadir stills, they are my favorite orientation for aerials. Your slow motion low levels over the streams and rocky outcrops were nice too. Good choice of soundtrack as well, never heard of Kai Engel before, but I’m listening to his work right now and really like it. Which album/track of of his was it? Well done!
Thanks for your kind words. Kai track is from Caeli album, track Coelum.

Reactions: AMann

Shot at 50th at between f3.5 and f4.5 (PolarPro NDs), 25fps, in FOV, 4K 10bit DLOG H265, edited on FCPX and output in in ProRes 422 in 4K. All that gorgeous expensive quality decimated by Youtube's ugly compression.
CAA compliant of course.
Great video makes me want to visit the UK even more!!

It never ceases to amaze me how many great little film makers we get to see with the advent of drones. This was excellent and makes me homesick. I also lived not too far from the Breacons and used to love flying over there in my little plane years ago. I can't wait to get back home and do some filming and the next time, I would love to meet up with all of you in the South Wales area that I only get to meet here.

Gooseman that was well done in every respect, from filming, to choice of angles and speed to editing to music choice. Where did you learn to do all that? Wish you were my neighbor, I really hope we do get a chance to meet up, all of you, the next time we are back home. Please let us see more of your flying/filming, editing exploits. My hat is off to you.

It never ceases to amaze me how many great little film makers we get to see with the advent of drones. This was excellent and makes me homesick. I also lived not too far from the Breacons and used to love flying over there in my little plane years ago. I can't wait to get back home and do some filming and the next time, I would love to meet up with all of you in the South Wales area that I only get to meet here.

Gooseman that was well done in every respect, from filming, to choice of angles and speed to editing to music choice. Where did you learn to do all that? Wish you were my neighbor, I really hope we do get a chance to meet up, all of you, the next time we are back home. Please let us see more of your flying/filming, editing exploits. My hat is off to you.
Praise indeed. Thanks, and as you asked about how I 'learn to do all that' read Malcolm Gladwell and his 10,000hours! It's all about sweating over a hot Mac, and nowadays a hot UAV!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980