DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW .500 !

yes nothing on the app and nothing on the dpi assistant 2

New firmware. Was announced, then removed, now announced again.

For those who have no issues will you update?

Be brave! Try it and let me know if your video leaves a lot to be desired. You can revert back if it need to.

New firmware. Was announced, then removed, now announced again.
Ah, got you. But to be far, they didn’t “remove” the FW, just the Release Notes - the FW was only released today.

I’ve installed .0500 & Go 4.3.3 (iOS) and will give it a go tomorrow. Never had any problems with .0400, so hopefully I won’t with this either!

3 full batteries worth of flying with .0500 FW this evening...

...flew perfectly!

Went out to 1000m with completely stable video feed
Hovered without any drift
Several auto flight functions tested
No disconnections at any time

Combined Function key & gimbal wheel controls exposure setting - very useful!

Good to know. I’ll hang back and see if anyone else had the same problem I had. I have seen one other like mine.

I upgraded this morning and flew 2 batteries at lunch. Everything worked as it should, no issues.

Upgraded to 0.500 and in 3 separate flights noticed that the map in left lower corner is blank (black screen) but cursor still shows so compass seems fine. Also no requests to recalibrate compass, if this is a legitimate improvement (only 3 flights so far, more testing needed), that is fantastic!

I have updated and looks like the recalibrate thing disappeared! Because after the update I turned on the device at home and usually it asks to calibrate few times before I can at least turn it on. But hey it didn't happen! coolio

Upgraded to 0.500 and in 3 separate flights noticed that the map in left lower corner is blank (black screen) but cursor still shows so compass seems fine. Also no requests to recalibrate compass, if this is a legitimate improvement (only 3 flights so far, more testing needed), that is fantastic!
In the update process, your maps may need to be reloaded. Try that.

All good here, not a single problem and as others have said the compass issue appears to have gone. Also I didn’t have to redo the FCC hack so happy. (Android user)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom