DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s7 edge

Damascus99

Reactions
Hi my mavic is arriving tomorrow but ive heard stories of the s7 edge resetting whilst in flight which has me worried.
Anybody out there use the galaxy s7 edge if so have you had any problems

I had. It's a great device but very unpredictable.
So I moved to iPad mini 4.
I'm sure you've heard that DJI products works better on iOS devices also.
Well this is my noobie experience, not an statement.

No issues yet with S7 and Mavic and i hope to test the S8 and C9 shortly as well.

I did have issues trying to get my S7 and iphone 6 to connect with my Phantom 3. Updates didn't help. DJI support alleges that i need to replace the controller's usb module....i call BS since the usb port tested successfully.

I quit trying to figure that one out.

S7 edge owner and did not have any issues until 5 days ago. It's quite on my 3 times now. Freaks me out at first but still able to control the craft. I did lose flight logs on one of them. If it keeps up I will post more.

S7 edge owner and did not have any issues until 5 days ago. It's quite on my 3 times now. Freaks me out at first but still able to control the craft. I did lose flight logs on one of them. If it keeps up I will post more.
I have S7 Edge and went out flying yesterday and it crashed 3 times on me in one flight I just started the app back up and resume flying I think I would have had a big problem if I was returning home

What version of the android OS is crashing ? Any recent updates ? Mine seems fine - running Marshmallow (6.0.1). There is another thread where Nougat is causing crashes (not too sure of the phone though).

After updating my S7 to android 7.0, the DJI app crashes every few min. about 5 to 8 min. I read somewhere DJI is saying it's Samsung's issue.

With the update to Nougat on my Samsung S7 mine crashes every time I fly. I have to restart the app to regain video feed. I can still control the Mavic but if it's not in LOS it would be a real problem.
I hope DJI comes out with Crystalsky soon. I haven't been flying much because of this.

I've done some flights on my s7 edge on nougat with no app crashes. Weird.

Never had a crash. My set up on my S7e before and after upgrading to Android 7 nugat is:
1. WiFi "off" but 4G "on" (S7)
2. USB port in debug mode (S7)
3. Record Video locally "off" (Mavic)
4. Remove any phone case make sure the USB cable plug is firmly placed in the phone
5. Close down all other background apps (S7)

I'm having zero problems on 6.0. all the problems I've read have been after the new update to 7.0

I have a s7 edge, but I have heard that DJI software is awful on Android OS so I sprung for an iPad. Not worth the risk IMO as it is not a suggested device by DJI and there have been complaints of issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead