DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gear 360 attachment

Letsgethigh469

Reactions
SAM_101_0010.jpg

Need to find another mount, the cheap 3D printed one for the bottom.... A little tab broke off when carefully installing it onto the Mavic. May try the one that mounts to the top but all of em are from China and 3D printed.
Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that. 3D printing, if designed right is quite good. Can you post a pic of the mount you have and what broke off ? Thanks.

Can you post a picture of the mount itself ? Will compare with mine

Not at home where I can at the moment, but its is the typical chinese design you see all over when searching. It has two tabs that fit in the slots of the mavics rear feet. Then on the other end or front of the mount, it had a small tab that hooked under a lip on the belly of the mavic. Thats the tab that broke off. Had thought bout running a small zip tie around it or there is a screw on the bottom of the mavic could be taken out and used as a fixture. It broke as I was gently trying to install it. Ended up causing a gimbal vibration error several times and you could hear the whole bird quivering from the vibration. The front part having very slight movement from the tab being broke would cause a domino effect one it started moving. It would stop but only briefly.
But the whole design of mounting it on the bottom is nice for viewing but a pain trying to take off. As I had to launch it by hand.
Have seen a few shots form a top mounted 360 cam and it looked better than I thought it would. The mavic didnt block as much of the shot as a person would think. That design doesnt look like it has any small tabs either. Just cant find any US sellers.

Startrc.com, from hobbyzone15 was the seller. I messaged him we'll see what happens but it was a fairly cheap part as there is not much to it.

Have you experienced any sensors problems with this mount, or VPS alarms ? From the pic it looks that the front bottom camera is totally blocked. Did your 360 cam interfere with the ultrasonic sensor ?

Yes it did cover it. Have seen a design where it doesn't and has less material on the underside. I just turned off the precision landing as I had to hand launch/catch anyway. Worked ok other than slightly loose allowing gimble shake. Will order a top mount soon maybe try that design.

Hey all - I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to anywhere so far and I'm not sure where else to post.

I bought this mount after watching multiple YouTube videos of people successfully attaching an Insta360 One camera and flying with it.
41VYEE3CX0L.jpg

However, whenever I try to hand launch, the motors power up to a certain point, right before going airborne, and then I get a "Motor Current" Error on the app and the mavic wobbles dangerously crazy while in the air. It flies fine with JUST the mount, without the camera attached, and the camera itself is fairly lightweight. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there's too much weight towards the front? But then again, there are plenty of YouTube videos showing this exact setup without issue.

Any thoughts?

I just modded the thingverse camera mount to allow for ground sensors operation. I also was looking closely at that same tab, thinking it was too small and not thick enough. I printed one, and it appears to work fine, but I think I'll print the new version with the thicker tab just in case. Did the mount still hang onto the gear 360? (Thats what I printed mine for.. the gear 360 2017)

I also created some front leg extensions and a rear shorter leg extension as well.... all the extensions I saw seemed far too short to give the gear 360 2017 clearance from the ground. The front legs have about 30 minutes still to go to finish printing before I can see if my cleverness paid off.

The design, BTW was actually a guy from the facebook Mav group. He released the first version on thingverse for free, and suddely started seeing everyone on ebay and every chinese seller selling them. He adjusted to to clear the sensors, but decided to only sell them on shapeway because of all the people selling his design without getting compensation for the design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007