DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my flight time normal?

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello,

I'm the owner of a Mavic 3 Classic Fly More Combo on and as I stated in another topic, I couldn't use my drone for a long time until recently. When I first flew it, I got around a 26 minutes flight time with 25% battery left and the maximum I was able to achieve was 30 minutes with 15% battery left. Is it normal and can I expect to increase the autonomy after several charging cycles? Or can we assume that my batteries were damaged after this period of non-use, even though that I never let them discharge completely?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Cafguy
Sounds normal you should remember not to treat those percentages like a gas gauge. Your drones battery life will always depend on how you are flying at that moment. If you accelerate rapidly a lot or use jerky movements on the controller you will quickly drain all the life from your battery BUT Give the drone very slight adjustments with your thumbs with its movements and throttle and you will achieve better flight times. Those DJI published times are unachievable unless you have one of those perfect enviro lab things they test their Drones in! LOL.

Hello,

I'm the owner of a Mavic 3 Classic Fly More Combo on and as I stated in another topic, I couldn't use my drone for a long time until recently. When I first flew it, I got around a 26 minutes flight time with 25% battery left and the maximum I was able to achieve was 30 minutes with 15% battery left. Is it normal and can I expect to increase the autonomy after several charging cycles? Or can we assume that my batteries were damaged after this period of non-use, even though that I never let them discharge completely?
Even with perfect batteries, your flight times will be all over the place.
Your flight time will depend on how much wind you fight, how much stopping and starting you do, how much climbing, how much Sport Mode etc.
To achieve very long flight times you must fly at a steady speed with no wind and no climbing.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Sounds normal you should remember not to treat those percentages like a gas gauge. Your drones battery life will always depend on how you are flying at that moment. If you accelerate rapidly a lot or use jerky movements on the controller you will quickly drain all the life from your battery BUT Give the drone very slight adjustments with your thumbs with its movements and throttle and you will achieve better flight times. Those DJI published times are unachievable unless you have one of those perfect enviro lab things they test their Drones in! LOL.

Even with perfect batteries, your flight times will be all over the place.
Your flight time will depend on how much wind you fight, how much stopping and starting you do, how much climbing, how much Sport Mode etc.
To achieve very long flight times you must fly at a steady speed with no wind and no climbing.

Yeah you are both right. In that case I was flying at around 30 kilometers per hour, with no wind and I took some pictures and maybe 5 videos of less than 30 seconds each. I stayed at the same altitude during almost all the flight

Reactions: Cafguy
Hello,

Thanks in advance
Perfectly normal.

Non-use itself does not reduce flight times, as long as the batteries are properly stored, after being allowed to discharge into a storage state. DJI's algorithms won't allow you to take off with truly damaged batteries. The fact that you were able to fly means the batteries are not damaged. Fewer cycles means longer flight times. Flight times gradually decrease with number of cycles. However, even after 200 cycles, the batteries should only show a decrease in flight times of 20% or so. Swollen batteries are damaged and should not be used for flight.

Perfectly normal.

Non-use itself does not reduce flight times, as long as the batteries are properly stored, after being allowed to discharge into a storage state. DJI's algorithms won't allow you to take off with truly damaged batteries. The fact that you were able to fly means the batteries are not damaged. Fewer cycles means longer flight times. Flight times gradually decrease with number of cycles. However, even after 200 cycles, the batteries should only show a decrease in flight times of 20% or so. Swollen batteries are damaged and should not be used for flight.
Thank you for the informations. I thought that my autonomy was on the low side but it seems on par with what other users get. Yeah my batteries are stored in a cool place and I always pay attention that they don't go below two blinking lights.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Someone stated awhils back that you only achieve full flight times after the 9th charging cycle ? Any truth to this ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark