DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getterback

16 months! It could have been declared an artificial reef!

Do you also use a tracking device? Im thinking that between the Getterback and a Trackimo, the pilot will at least get a rough idea of where the drone might be.

I used to use a dog tracker called Tractive but just simply quit using it as DJI became more reliable and fewer "Factory" related fly aways. When I lost mine, I was doing an Emergency Landing due to a critical battery error. I was landing about 300yds from the launch point and unfortunately on the other-side of a hill and some LARGE old oak trees. As I was landing it (via the camera looking straight down to make sure no one was under it) the aircraft descend below the tree and hill line and lost connection between Tx and Rx severing my video signal and telemetry recording. This initiated a RTH but sadly those LARGE oak trees were higher than my RTH (that was not part of my intended flight path) so the aircraft went full speed into the trees very high. We looked for hours, returned multiple times with multiple drones but never could find it or the wreckage. I "assumed" someone had seen it and simply grabbed it.

I had very good location until I lost telemetry and then all I knew was the aircraft was going to ascend and make a Bee Line back to the launch point. We knew within a few feet of where it must have impacted the trees (directly beside a well traveled walking path no less) but we could not locate the aircraft.

Fast forward 16 months later and I stopped by, just for fun and to ease my mind, and the lake was lowered for DAM repairs. I was standing on the walking path and looked in the water about 10 feet from the short in what was previously maybe 6ft deep water and WHAM! There she sits....70612

Reactions: Former Member
Have you considered Marco Polo? Works at up to 2 miles distance, much smaller and lighter, mounts for drones available, no satellites needed, and the battery will let it continue broadcasting its location for a month. It is more costly, but not nearly the cost of a drone.

Great discussions here about line length and purpose of Getterback. My local lake was glacier formed. Most places 60+ feet deep by the time you are less than half a dozen boat lengths from shore, and over 400 feet deep in the middle. Hard to find spots to anchor and float on much of the lake. Not much of a chance of recovery unless I find a way to float my M2P!

Great discussions here about line length and purpose of Getterback. My local lake was glacier formed. Most places 60+ feet deep by the time you are less than half a dozen boat lengths from shore, and over 400 feet deep in the middle. Hard to find spots to anchor and float on much of the lake. Not much of a chance of recovery unless I find a way to float my M2P!
See your point. I also use Arris Raptor pontoon floats over water on my MPP, and when they release it in May I’ll get a set for my M2P. The pontoons will snap off and leave a great set of extended landing gear also.

Reactions: CNYdronepilot
Have you considered Marco Polo? Works at up to 2 miles distance, much smaller and lighter, mounts for drones available, no satellites needed, and the battery will let it continue broadcasting its location for a month. It is more costly, but not nearly the cost of a drone.
Don't believe they will work under water

Can you lengthen the cord? You can add some 10-15lb paracord. I use that to add stringers to my toy parachutes
Really don’t think so.
43053B93-952C-4D81-AC60-C045A6B6BDE0.jpeg Anything is possible but like that one being I broke the seal I won’t never use it anymore. Not and trust
It anyway.

Don't believe they will work under water
Only shallow for about 10 min.., the reason I suggested Arris Raptor pontoons... at least a chance of good landing. Plus if the drone floats the depth of the water is a minor factor other than gaining surface proximity to retrieve it.

See your point. I also use Arris Raptor pontoon floats over water on my MPP, and when they release it in May I’ll get a set for my M2P. The pontoons will snap off and leave a great set of extended landing gear also.
I noticed the Arris Raptors - didn't realize they weren't released yet. I was floored at how expensively priced they are over the MPP version. That was why on a separate chain I asked about what people's thoughts were on some of the eBay pontoons and balls out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77