DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting consistent Photos weekly over the course of months

bizzy_drone

Reactions
First I appreciate the site and all the users here. I've been reading for a while and have learned quite a bit - for that I thank you all. Ok - I have a 15 acre site that I'd like to shots from specific locations and altitudes. There will be about 30 total way points focused on 6 locations if that makes any sense within the same parcel. I'd like to automate it and repeat the photos from the same perspectives weekly or twice a week over the course of about 10 months. What would be the most consistent and easy way to do so? I have tried a few different apps for photgramettry purposes dronedeploy and pix4d - they seem more focused on grabbing the overlapping grid shots of the project which is great and useful. But now looking for something that I can set gps coordinates lat/long/alt to get the same shot focusing on 6 different areas on the land - and automate it with a mission/waypoints.

I'm not opposed to a pay solution if necessary but ideally would like it to be a tap/push button type automated solution. Any thoughts?

First I appreciate the site and all the users here. I've been reading for a while and have learned quite a bit - for that I thank you all. Ok - I have a 15 acre site that I'd like to shots from specific locations and altitudes. There will be about 30 total way points focused on 6 locations if that makes any sense within the same parcel. I'd like to automate it and repeat the photos from the same perspectives weekly or twice a week over the course of about 10 months. What would be the most consistent and easy way to do so? I have tried a few different apps for photgramettry purposes dronedeploy and pix4d - they seem more focused on grabbing the overlapping grid shots of the project which is great and useful. But now looking for something that I can set gps coordinates lat/long/alt to get the same shot focusing on 6 different areas on the land - and automate it with a mission/waypoints.

I'm not opposed to a pay solution if necessary but ideally would like it to be a tap/push button type automated solution. Any thoughts?
Android or iOS? If iOS GS PRO (free) will do it for you.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: bizzy_drone

You should also be able to program a waypoint mission in the normal DJI GO4 app.
Regards,
-d.

Android or iOS? If iOS GS PRO (free) will do it for you.
Regards,
-d.

I have been using IPad Mini 4 and iphone 7+ - that said I have a couple android I like using as well in brighter light a note and a nexus 6p.. I haven't used the GS Pro app - thats only ipad/mini i think.. I'll look into it

I have been using IPad Mini 4 and iphone 7+ - that said I have a couple android I like using as well in brighter light a note and a nexus 6p.. I haven't used the GS Pro app - thats only ipad/mini i think.. I'll look into it
The GS Pro will work on you iPad mini 4 great, it is a program where you can type where you want and what you want and the drone will do the rest.
Regards,
-d/

The GS Pro will work on you iPad mini 4 great, it is a program where you can type where you want and what you want and the drone will do the rest.
Regards,
-d/

excellent - I've heard about it but never used it yet. I'll take a look. Can't setup the shots from a desktop I assume. Can you actually fly while you mark the waypoints/alt/angle of the camera? Does it focus the mavy? I'm being lazy I'll look into tonight - thanks!

excellent - I've heard about it but never used it yet. I'll take a look. Can't setup the shots from a desktop I assume. Can you actually fly while you mark the waypoints/alt/angle of the camera? Does it focus the mavy? I'm being lazy I'll look into tonight - thanks!
LItche (sp? the other app they talk about on the forum) you can program everything on a computer and transfer it to your device, I do not know much about it though.
Regards,
-d.

Litchi will do what you are looking for. You can set up the mission in the mission hub website our within the app. If you use straight paths vs curved you can also set up actions at each waypoint, one of which is take picture. You can control yaw angle and gimbal angles as well. I've been thinking about doing a similar thing with it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan