DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Hanging by a Thread (or rubber bands)

Should DJI Create a Design Improvement on the Gimbal Mount?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arvada

Reactions
All who already have used their Mavics...

I finally got mine. Removed the Gimbal Clamp and started it up. The Gimbal mount hangs literally by threads or rubber bands. This is different from the Phantom and Inspire Series I both own.

Is this normal? The gimbal literally wobbles around on these.

Is this normal or did something not get attached correctly in manufacture?

Thanks

Arvada

The wobbling is intentional, it is how it absorbs the sudden acceleration or deceleration of lateral movement. The motors and control logic are only able to absorb any rotational movement. It feels cheap, it IS cheap, but in most reasonable flight conditions and flown gently, it does the job.

If all 3 of the mounting points (2 front, 1 rear) are under the tabs, then you're good to go. I thought the same thing in regards to the mounting of the gimbal, but it seems to be fully functional with that design.

Mavic is smaller and more agile than the Phantoms, and the camera is smaller too, therefore requiring a lighter more sensitive Gimbal movement, IMHO.

If all 3 of the mounting points (2 front, 1 rear) are under the tabs, then you're good to go. I thought the same thing in regards to the mounting of the gimbal, but it seems to be fully functional with that design.

I am not sure what you mean by the front tabs. I see a very obvious metal tab rearward but no metal tabs up front. Are you referring to the overlap the cowling makes?

The wobbling is intentional, it is how it absorbs the sudden acceleration or deceleration of lateral movement. The motors and control logic are only able to absorb any rotational movement. It feels cheap, it IS cheap, but in most reasonable flight conditions and flown gently, it does the job.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.

camera supposed to be stabilized mecanically. Most probably it is easier with flexible attachment. When drone moves, camera immediately responds. Ib reviews it was emphasized, that camera stabilization is different for Mavic and it is now more mechanical, then software corrected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke