DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal jitter on rotational axis

AyeYo

Reactions
I'm trying to do anything possible to fix this without sending the Mavic back to DJI. It currently takes good photo and video (minus the usual warm spot) so my chances of getting one that's WORSE in return are pretty good. Is anyone else dealing with jerking, shaking video regardless of gimbal position? This isn't jello, this is jerking on the roll axis as if the craft is being knocking around by the wind and the gimbal is not compensating... but there's no wind. It does it even when pointed straight down.

I have done an IMU calibration and all sensors are reading rock bottom for noise levels. I have done several gimbal calibrations, all of which complete successfully without issue. None of which makes any difference.

Reactions: kitadrew
would it be possible to upload a short video showing the issue? I had a shaking video at sport mode (not sure what's the difference to the term jello anyway) and I had exactly the same concern in regards to returning it back. Luckily, in my case the latest update eliminated the issue.

Yes, I have plenty. I'll get one on youtube when I get home from work.

Jello is a wavy picture. This is a clean picture that jerks on the roll axis, rapidly tipping to the left and right.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229