DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overload Error on Mavic Pro

DemonicRock

Reactions
Hi.. My DJI Mavic Pro is basically brand new.. Have had it out about 6 or 7 times the last couple weeks.. No issues..no crashes... Flew it yesterday, no problem.. After it was done, i put the Gimbal cover on.. stored it back in the box.. I just took it out just now.. set it down and i was getting a Gimbal Overload Error..

I am kind of freaking out right now.. Any ideas how to resolve this? I powered the drone off immediately after seeing that and restarted it.. Same result..

Hoping someone can help me

Hi.. My DJI Mavic Pro is basically brand new.. Have had it out about 6 or 7 times the last couple weeks.. No issues..no crashes... Flew it yesterday, no problem.. After it was done, i put the Gimbal cover on.. stored it back in the box.. I just took it out just now.. set it down and i was getting a Gimbal Overload Error..

I am kind of freaking out right now.. Any ideas how to resolve this? I powered the drone off immediately after seeing that and restarted it.. Same result..

Hoping someone can help me
Possibly a ripped gimbal ribbon cable if you were not as careful with the gimbal as you should have been. However, if you didn't crash it, I don't know how it would be torn. Contact DJI and have them work on it.

It is defective and you should either get a refund for the drone, or file a warranty claim with DJI.

OMG.. that is crazy. I bought from Amazon. I hope i can get an even exchange.. Or is it a bad idea ordering these from Amazon?

Ok. Thanks

here is a video link below of what it does when it turns on.. goes front and back.. hmmmmm

droneclip
Man mine is doing the same thing as if 5 minutes ago. Do you get video? I get perfect video still but when I turn it on after it does it's self calibration I can't move the camera up and down but can change perspectives with the little knobby your right thumb. I'll let you know if I find anything out

Yes. in my reply above that is linked "droneclip" is a video clip ... i kept the file size small (5mb)...

Yeah I watched it mine does the same .I meant I get perfect video feed still through my camera on to my phone. Although I can't adjust the camera I do get a picture. Thunderdrones just told me to change the silver cables that are all jumbled up and are threaded. Even with a picture it's likely that's the culprit

My mavic is 2 years old and has always worked perfectly, but I just started getting this error also after flying today. I wonder what is going on?

Black flat gimbal ribbon cables wear out over time. it is a maintenance item and if you are getting problems with your gimbal running erradically it might be the problem

Black flat gimbal ribbon cables wear out over time. it is a maintenance item and if you are getting problems with your gimbal running erradically it might be the problem
Yeah since im in there doing brain surgery already im gonna change out all cables. I bought it 2nd hand anyhow so it'll give me a fresher start. Unfortunately I decided to do this once I went to take the gimbal off and found out the ribbon cable is actually thinner than paper leading to the front sensor so it tore immediately upon me touching it..as much as I hate to admit it after working on electElectr at that level for 10 years. Thx for the info boss we'll see what happens.

Mine has less than 1 hour on the clock and I received that error message. I powered everything
down and powered back up to a fully functioning product.
DJI...what say you? (Do they read this board?}

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras