DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal randomly flicks up and to the side.

Odoug04

Reactions
Recently on my Mavic Pro the gimbal rarely but sometimes flicks up to the side and the camera is slightly rotated on an angle. I’m not exactly sure what’s causing this and I’ve done several gimbal calibrations. It only happened a few times but it certainly doesn’t seem right. I was wondering if there was something I could do and if I should take it into a DJI store.

I have the Mavic PP, and so does a friend I fly with. Both drones have a continued issue of level gimbals. I have given up running a gimbal calibration as that always completes fine and so does the IMU. But about 1/2 of the flights I have made, the first thing I do is manually adjust the gimbal to get it level. Having the guides on helps on this BTW.

My gimbal every so often will also flick to the side, mainly to the right. Does it maybe twice on a 15 minute flight, and so far easy to edit out.

As I don't trust the AF point to stay in place when going between Stills and Video, I check mine a lot and thus you will see the slight twitch as the camera refocus goes on.

The Mavic with latest firmware (last time I read) with djigo4 doesn't hold the AF point when you hover, if the camera is AF not MF. So my technique is the hit the AF point as I start to fly, then switch to MF as I know I will be hovering a lot as I am stopping to take stills.

But the gimbal does make some strange moves on it's own.

I am also surprised more folks don't complain on the grainy appearance to the video when you move the gimbal up or down (not yawing to the side). I see this most of the time I move the gimbal up or down when filming (2.7 K). It's very slight, but still there and doesn't happen with the Spark (my only other DJI drone). I have seen it often on videos posted here, so know its not just my Mavic.

Paul Caldwell

Recently on my Mavic Pro the gimbal rarely but sometimes flicks up to the side and the camera is slightly rotated on an angle. I’m not exactly sure what’s causing this and I’ve done several gimbal calibrations. It only happened a few times but it certainly doesn’t seem right. I was wondering if there was something I could do and if I should take it into a DJI store.
If you are using a 64 gig card in the bird, try a 16 gig or 32 gig card. That’s fixed my issues with gimbal seizures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d