DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro gimbal off center to the left

jvhooser

Reactions
I have two Mavic 2 Pro’s that I use with the smart controller. Both have an issue with the gimbal going off center to the left a few degrees during flight. I have calibrated several times, and when I re-center using the controller it is fine, but after a few minutes of flight the gimbal is off center to the left a few degrees. This is inconvenient when flying manually, but when flying autonomous it causes the drone to miss the point of interest.
I haven’t yet contacted support and was hoping there was something I am missing.

Thanks for any ideas

I have two Mavic 2 Pro’s that I use with the smart controller. Both have an issue with the gimbal going off center to the left a few degrees during flight. I have calibrated several times, and when I re-center using the controller it is fine, but after a few minutes of flight the gimbal is off center to the left a few degrees. This is inconvenient when flying manually, but when flying autonomous it causes the drone to miss the point of interest.
I haven’t yet contacted support and was hoping there was something I am missing.

Thanks for any ideas
Mine does that too. I notice yesterday that my M2P was flying a waypoint mission in a crab position. Maybe it was probably due to a cross wind. Maybe not.

I don’t have a cure, but I think calibrations is something to try as @mobilehomer said. Calibrating everything from top to bottom is something to try... controller, gimbal, compass, IMU.

Camera down/camara up, should centre the camera/gimbal.
If its drifting off centre I think that indicates that the IMU needs to be calibrated.
IMU stands for Inertial Measurement Unit and is essential for keeping your drone stable and level in the sky.
See here.
and
Calibrate the IMU
This screen indicates the IMU status.
1699988892144.png

If all that fails then I suggest using DJI tools to carry out the
JointCoarse
and
LinearHall
commands.

JointCourse moves the gimbal/camera to all its extremities and records the data/bounds of the movement.
LinearHall then centres the camera/gimbal within the discovered bounds.

In effect they carry out a gimbal calibration.

To do the above you have to download and install Python and the dji-firmware-tools-master
I will ad further details if you reply.

I calibrated the IMU, compass, controller and gimbal today. Before taking off the camera was straight ahead, but after a 4 minute flight the camera was again pointing about 5 degrees to the left, enough that it was noticeable looking at the drone. I could re-center using the C1 button which is programmed to switch between Nadir and 0 degrees, but the issue is not fixed.

If you have the skill or Know someone that does I would say Fizzbang Has the best Solution for you. If this is your first adventure with DJI Tools or python you will need some help.

If you have the skill or Know someone that does I would say Fizzbang Has the best Solution for you. If this is your first adventure with DJI Tools or python you will need some help.
For jvhooser et al

Tools. download each of these..​
2. pyserial
GUIDE :​
1. Download each of the above.​
2. Install python​
3. Extract pyserial and Extract dji tools to​
C:\DJI\​
4. On windows Open "command prompt" as administrator​
cd C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master​
5. Install pyserial using python script​
cd C:\DJI\dji-firmware-tools-master\pyserial-3.4​
Depending on your installation one of these should work at the command prompt.​
python setup.py install​
(no longer valid)​
try 'pip install pyserial'​
or​
'pip3 install pyserial'​
depending on your version of Python​
one of the above should work.​
6. Connect the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom to your PC with a usb cable.​
7. Turn ON Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.​
8. Just check your active comm port.​
Right click on This_PC or your computer name in File explorer and then choose Manage​
In the Computer Management window click on Device Manager and expand Ports(COM & LPT)​
Your drone will be connected to one of the COMM Ports shown which is usually COM3 but might be otherwise.​
Gimal Calibration assuming COM3 and for a Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom​
At the command prompt type each of the following commands and wait for the gimbal to do its thing.​
You can repeat the following commands again and again if you wish
but always JointCourse followed by LinearHall
they simply trigger the drone software to carry out self adjustment.​
python comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib JointCoarse​
python comm_og_service_tool.py com3 WM240 GimbalCalib LinearHall​

Reactions: waynorth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members