DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal shaking error

JustDroningAlong

Reactions
Hello all,
I received my MP recently and have a question. Since receiving it I have flown it 3 times. The first flight went great and could not have been happier with my choice however the last two flights I have seen a couple of issues.

1) After being in the air for few minutes I get a warning that says "gimbal shaking warning" in DJI GO and the warning doesn't clear unless I land the bird, power it down, power it back on and take flight however once I am in the air for a bit the warning reappears. I know that the warning is accurate because my pictures and videos are shaky.

2) When flying at low altitude (10 to 20 feet) I have noticed that the bird will decend on its own getting closer and closer to the ground. Found this after almost crashing into a post that was no more than 3' to 4' tall while turning a corner.

Has anyone else witnessed these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

20170128_224553.jpg
Hello all,
I received my MP recently and have a question. Since receiving it I have flown it 3 times. The first flight went great and could not have been happier with my choice however the last two flights I have seen a couple of issues.

1) After being in the air for few minutes I get a warning that says "gimbal shaking warning" in DJI GO and the warning doesn't clear unless I land the bird, power it down, power it back on and take flight however once I am in the air for a bit the warning reappears. I know that the warning is accurate because my pictures and videos are shaky.

2) When flying at low altitude (10 to 20 feet) I have noticed that the bird will decend on its own getting closer and closer to the ground. Found this after almost crashing into a post that was no more than 3' to 4' tall while turning a corner.

Has anyone else witnessed these issues?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935V using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi, I recently nicked a limb and almost lost it. Soon after I was getting the same error. Turned out to be a lil mount was disconnected. Flip the Mavic upside down and look at the small black half moon tabs holding the gimbal. They need to be under the frame. Just position it back in place if this is your issue. It's how I fixed mine. Hope that helps you out. Goodluck..

View attachment 5281

Hi, I recently nicked a limb and almost lost it. Soon after I was getting the same error. Turned out to be a lil mount was disconnected. Flip the Mavic upside down and look at the small black half moon tabs holding the gimbal. They need to be under the frame. Just position it back in place if this is your issue. It's how I fixed mine. Hope that helps you out. Goodluck..
Hi Native Hawk eye, thank you so much! Today I had my first testflight with the same error warning. So disappointed after 3 and a half month waiting for my Mavic! Sometimes a solution can be so simple. Greetings from Amsterdam!

Native Hawk eye,
I have the same issue, I found it today actually. the little half moon shaped corners are behind the bracket however I still get the error after rebooting everything. There is another bracket underneath the camera itself. can you send a pic of this? I don't know if the camera should be on top of this bracket or if it needs to fit back underneath it. If you roll the camera up or down you will see the bracket in question.

Thanks,
0312171215.jpg

Mine is like that too, can anyone confirm whether the gimbal plate should be on top of, or below this little bracket? I am getting the "gimbal shake error" btw.

Mike

20170413_110740.jpg Ok - Edit - the gimbal plate should be retained by the tab! If at some point the front tabs (with the little rubber bands on) have popped out, it allows the rear of the plate to ride over the little clamp, causing the error. To get it back under, you need to maneuver the front tabs back over their little plates and the rear of the gimbal plate will then slide back in, pop the front tabs back under - sorted!

The give away for me, was that the gimbal lock was not fitting correctly, as the plate sitting on top of the bracket was raising the gimbal too high.

Fixed my error.... The gimbal plate was on top of the retaining bracket. I had a little mishap with a tree. All is well now.

Thanks

Reactions: Soundtekk
View attachment 10544 Ok - Edit - the gimbal plate should be retained by the tab! If at some point the front tabs (with the little rubber bands on) have popped out, it allows the rear of the plate to ride over the little clamp, causing the error. To get it back under, you need to maneuver the front tabs back over their little plates and the rear of the gimbal plate will then slide back in, pop the front tabs back under - sorted!

The give away for me, was that the gimbal lock was not fitting correctly, as the plate sitting on top of the bracket was raising the gimbal too high.

Thanks, fixed my issue.
This video also helps for the same scenario:

Smart image and got rid of my Gimbal Sensor error! Now just need to figure out how to get the camera back on!

Thanks for your post and acumen on the Gimbal bit!!

View attachment 5281

Thanks for the post. I was concerned that I had somehow broken the mount. All fixed now.

Another possible cause:

If you have the "enclosed propeller guard" setting on and you do not have propeller guards installed, you will see this same error message and if you look at the gimbal when the mavic hovers, you'll see the gimbal bouncing around like crazy.

Hi

Just crashed my mavic and the bracket thats have flip under the vibration board are broken does anyone know if that part is possible to buy and been replace??

View attachment 5281

Thanks for the info!
Crashed and blew three props. After replacing, got the error described and thought I was buying a new bird or at least a gimbal and your post saved me the mistake of spending money!!

Flip the Mavic upside down and look at the small black half moon tabs holding the gimbal. They need to be under the frame. Just position it back in place if this is your issue. It's how I fixed mine.

This worked perfectly for me, thank you.

Thanks for the post. I was concerned that I had somehow broken the mount. All fixed now.
Hey pal, I crashed mine and did what you said and it fixed the error but when I fly now it seams like the camera is swimming. Any ideas? Thansk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan