DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimble initialization issue

j1nnn

Reactions
Hello,

I crashed my mavic and it fell about 3 feet onto hardwood. The gimble vibration plate snapped right by the screws but everything else seems to be intact. I replaced the vibration board and threaded the ribbon cable through the little mouth next to the two screw eye holes, if you will. I put it back on the rubber bands and it's sitting safely under the L bracket on the board behind the plate.

When I initialize it does this:

Any ideas what could be wrong?

A little more info
  1. I can see video feed to my phone, clear, tap to focuses well, etc.
  2. Gimble throwing "Motor overloaded" error
  3. Unresponsive to gimble wheel on controler for manual direction
  4. Ribbon cable didn't seem torn or anything from what I could see

Ok so I solved this.... watching some other videos and browsing a few threads on here I found a guy that had the ribbon that peeps out above the vibration plate was limiting the range of motion of the gimbal so it was causing issues upon self-test initialization.

sorted that out and BAM works like new.

Thanks Thunderdrones for the effort! :)

Reactions: Former Member
Ok so I solved this.... watching some other videos and browsing a few threads on here I found a guy that had the ribbon that peeps out above the vibration plate was limiting the range of motion of the gimbal so it was causing issues upon self-test initialization.

What definitely you did? Is it possible to point me out on the picture of gimble? Thanks

Good job!

Reactions: pallab
Good job!

Either of you able to point me to exactly what the solution was?
I have the identical symptoms after replacing the vibration plate.
But … with the camera and gimbal fully off the MP, I can move the gimbal/camera through each axis from bump-stop to bump-stop - no problems - and no ribbon cables limiting any movement … not getting at all taught.

Any help would be SO appreciated! Thanks!

Either of you able to point me to exactly what the solution was?
I have the identical symptoms after replacing the vibration plate.
But … with the camera and gimbal fully off the MP, I can move the gimbal/camera through each axis from bump-stop to bump-stop - no problems - and no ribbon cables limiting any movement … not getting at all taught.

Any help would be SO appreciated! Thanks!

What error messages were you getting?

Reactions: OzoneVibe
What error messages were you getting?
Everything is identical to the OP … gimbal movement during initialization, tilt wheel error and no response at gimbal, gimbal motor overload.
Also, tilt indicator in Go4 bears no relation to the actual tilt position of the gimbal … indeed, it seems to get no tilt position info from the gimbal.
Can adjust camera horizon OK.

Everything is identical to the OP … gimbal movement during initialization, tilt wheel error and no response at gimbal, gimbal motor overload.
Also, tilt indicator in Go4 bears no relation to the actual tilt position of the gimbal … indeed, it seems to get no tilt position info from the gimbal.
Can adjust camera horizon OK.

Im thinking it's either your gimbal gyro or your gimbal ribbon cable.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Im thinking it's either your gimbal gyro or your gimbal ribbon cable.
OK - thanks.
Everything was working fine until replacing the vibration plate … so far higher probability that I've damaged the cable than the gyro deciding to fail.

I've ordered a new ribbon cable, anyway … all searches seem to connect a gimbal initialization issue like mine to the cable.

Just got to fit it without damaging it, now! LOL!

Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998