DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going to Scotland

Google 'Scotland drone regulations' and skip all the blog-style sites until you get to a relevant civil aviation authority webpage.

I'd start here:

As above. Regulations are weight dependent. Also, keep in mind a lot of the castles and stately homes are privately owned and lived in, not tourist attractions. Lastly, a lot of military training flights make a lot of no fly zones. There’s still a lot of places to fly though and fun to be had. Just be sensible.

Scotland is a very different part of the world. Loved my time there would like to get back one day.
Regards

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
As long as you're correctly registered by the CAA and labelled then no problem.

*ALWAYS* use the Drone Assist app or altitude angel to see any potential restrictions and never ever rely on DJI geofence.
The official app or website is needed.

If you're operating in the UK dont use other sites for no-fly zones...

Reactions: oldscorpio227
what about B4UFLY app? does it work in UK?
No. Thats US only.

The official NATs data is provided via Altitude Angel on the Drone Assist app or linked website.

Every country has their own app for restrictions so you need to use the one intended for that country.

Ultimately register the zone and pass the test on the CAA page, label the drone as the law says then before flying check Drone Assist or the website to see if its OK (or before leaving the hotel if its a poor phone signal area).

b4ufly is only for the USA.

Reactions: oldscorpio227
It probably will be windy around there. I wanted to fly around The Quiraing just up the road from there and decided it might be too risky to fly. Beautiful countryside.

Same - i spent a week on Skye. The scenery is amazing.
Only managed 1 x 6 minute drone flight due to the rain and gale force winds though.

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre