DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Gold Butte Whitney Pockets area and CCC Dam

Nice. Last time I was out there (about this time last year) was before I got my drone. I was waiting for some shots of the Devils Throat.

I liked the whole “dam” thing! ???
Great flying through those rocks!
Thanks. Lots of history in the Gold Butte area. I like engineering and the CCC Dam was one of the highlights for me, the drone giving a perspective that can only be seen from high above! Flying through the arch 1/2 mile from the road got my heart racing a bit, always hard to know for sure how large the opening is from a distance but great fun flying through it.

Paleomanjim: great yo watch but I'd suggest slowing some parts interest e.g. dam inspection down so we can appreciate. Speed across open area usually works well. Having said that just remember it's a personal preference.
Now get out there and capture some more footage because it sure looks like a great area.

There are very beautiful images in this video which allows to discover incredible area. Personally, as has already been said, some shots are too fast which accentuates the abrupt movements of the drone... that spoils the video a bit.

Paleomanjim: great yo watch but I'd suggest slowing some parts interest e.g. dam inspection down so we can appreciate. Speed across open area usually works well. Having said that just remember it's a personal preference.
Now get out there and capture some more footage because it sure looks like a great area.

Thanks folks. It really is a matter of personal preference. Most drone videos consist of short straight sequences with very few turns. That is fine but not my style. To be honest I get bored immediatly watching them and prefer more action and variety. The challenge for me is trying to edit 30 minutes or more of video down to something between 2-4 minutes total. I generally take a lot of video of different subjects that I think look cool or interesting but cannot include in a 3 minute video. So I try to eliminate the lesser scenes, edit each scene down to the best of it and speed things up a bit to be able to include more scenes. I do appreciate the feedback and have already made quite a few changes in my flying and editing to make a higher quality video worth watching. Its a work in progress! Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark