DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gosau, Austria 2017

Plan to visit Austria this summer. I understand the austrian drone laws are very restrictive for camera drones. How did you solve this?

Reactions: Yoshizakura
I'm visiting Austria in May and due to the laws I won't be risking taking my Mavic pro. The laws are too restrictive and the fines far too high. It's ok asking 'the locals' but they won't pay the fines for you.

I'm visiting Austria in May and due to the laws I won't be risking taking my Mavic pro. The laws are too restrictive and the fines far too high. It's ok asking 'the locals' but they won't pay the fines for you.
I'm not from Austria, what's the procedure if they find out I fly a done in their country? Do you think they would contact me?

I'm not from Austria, what's the procedure if they find out I fly a done in their country? Do you think they would contact me?

I don't believe it's worth the risk. If the police happen to see you or be called to attend.
Obviously it's up to each person to determine the risk. I'm only speaking for myself.

I don't believe it's worth the risk. If the police happen to see you or be called to attend.
Obviously it's up to each person to determine the risk. I'm only speaking for myself.
It was so beautiful there that I wasn't thinking about Austria's law, I just wanted to get as many awesome shots as I could!! :)

I got a very speedy reply from Austrian air control earlier. The email was very positive until the cost involved.

Here is the email:

thank you for your message.

As soon as you take photos/videos with your camera that's installed on your unmanned vehicle, you need a permission from Austro Control.

A quadcopter can only be permitted for category A (undeveloped area respectively unsettled area). For categories B, C and D you need a hexa- or octocopter with appropriate redundancy. You can evaluate the category via our Airworthiness and Operational Notice Nr. 67 on page 6 (German: LBTH Nr. 67) that I send you attached.

For category A we need the following documents:

• signed application form

• 3 view drawing of your copter together with a detailed technical description

• copy of an official identification card of the pilot(s)

• insurance certificate that covers at least 750.000 SDR (special drawing rights)

Please find all the documents to be submitted (for category A, B, C and D) in our Airworthiness and Operational Notice Nr. 67 (see from page 7).

The costs are € 247,-- (incl. 3 working hours of the authority) excl. purchase tax plus € 69,-- for each additional half an hour.

Please note that all our official writings are and will be in German.

Kind regards from Vienna,

I think €247 for three hours flying is ridiculous.

I would say that the the 247€ are for the 3 hours that the person in the public authority will "work" for your papers. :)

If they need to work more , then they charge 69€ per 30 minutes.

I would say that the the 247€ are for the 3 hours that the person in the public authority will "work" for your papers. :)

If they need to work more , then they charge 69€ per 30 minutes.

Ah yes. Upon re reading this is what it says. My mistake

If police will not catch or see you, it is impossible to prove that you were the one who flew the drone. Even if you sign the video.

If police will not catch or see you, it is impossible to prove that you were the one who flew the drone. Even if you sign the video.

And if they do??

Big fines to pay and I doubt anyone offering poor advice on the internet will help pay them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload