DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got a New Mavic Pro and I can't get my propellers to even spin...

What an informative thread and (cross fingers) a happy and understanding finish.

Its good to take your time... I have same feeling now after over a month (I've just opened flight modes), so you definately will not run out of WOW moments... so long as you take it carefull and a step at a time. The online videos are great... I spent two weeks just watching everything I could.

Enjoy... the Mavic is a keeper.
You are exactly right! I have been doing exactly the same and I feel this is a very cool thing that we have being mavic owners

No not required lol propeller guards. You will find that the mavic pretty much flies itself.

QUOTE="hanjinsahn, post: 213813, member: 23926"]Thanks everyone for all your comments! I appreciate every single one! So I reread the quick start guide, and YES, "start the motors manually", was actually in there. It just didn't register in my head the first time I read it. Also, did the initial calibration, per some Youtube videos I found. Thank you, msinger, for the link to the full manual. I will definitely download! I actually got the Mavic to hover for a short time in the middle of my living room. Could stop doing :rolleyes:, haha! And landed it without incident. Time to install the propeller guards and go outside with it.

Slightly off topic - Is registering with the FAA (in California) still required? I thought I saw a local news segment stating the governor vetoed this bill. I know I ask a lot of dumb questions, but, your comments will help me get more educated. Thanks again!![/QUOTE]

Taking your time is key. I've probably been more on the reserved side of flying. I have had opportunities, but have passed on many of them. I try not to get into too much of a rush to fly, particularly in areas I haven't been to before. Scope out an area in advance, know what you want to accomplish/capture, and take as much time as you need to be comfortable when you lift off. The MP was not a minor investment, and the last thing you want is to crash and burn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc