DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Got the Titan Atlas boosted antenna system today!!!!

I've followed this thread and others concerning the Mavic Pro boosters. From what I've read, the Mavic Pro Drone uses both 2.4 and 5.8ghz, but the remote only uses 2.4ghz.

So, the new Titan Booster only uses 2.4ghz.

Is there any advantage to using a Booster that uses both 2.4/5.8 ghz.

Sunhans now makes a dual band booster.
Sunhans eSunRC 2W 33dBm Dual Band 2.4G&5.8GHz UAV WiFi Signal Booster Amplifier

Thanks for the technology help

I've followed this thread and others concerning the Mavic Pro boosters. From what I've read, the Mavic Pro Drone uses both 2.4 and 5.8ghz, but the remote only uses 2.4ghz.

Honestly i do not think so.
I ve used the 3w golden ones, cheaper 4w amps and also the Sunhans 1w double booster. Although the difference between 1w and 4w seems a lot, the output/signal gain was the same.
When it comes to 5.8g...why would you use 5.8g for a 2.4g remote? The boosters you mention are crazy expensive cause they tag it with "uav" which makes em seem special or something.

Honestly i do not think so.
I ve used the 3w golden ones, cheaper 4w amps and also the Sunhans 1w double booster. Although the difference between 1w and 4w seems a lot, the output/signal gain was the same.
When it comes to 5.8g...why would you use 5.8g for a 2.4g remote? The boosters you mention are crazy expensive cause they tag it with "uav" which makes em seem special or something.

So, why does the specs on the Mavic Pro Drone have a 5.8ghz transmitter.

The remote does not.

What does the 5.8 on the drone do if there is no 5.8 receiver.

And, why does the remote have a 5.8 option if it only uses 2.4

5.8ghz WiFi only applies to controlling with a smart device.
If you're going to use phone for control and can figure out how to run a booster with the phone I suspect it would.

Cant say enough good things about Jake over at Titian! SUCH and great help! Super fast on emails and very smooth with everything so far! The packing of this system is very professional!

So I live on a very small island here in Indonesia and im surrounded buy trees, wires, wifi and so much other things that I can only get out to around 500m to 600m when im above land. Over the open ocean I can get well over 2k away. Have not tried further then that because the winds can get nasty here...

So I invested in the titan atlas booted antenna system.

Tomorrow I will do a screen recording of a normal flight with the standard antenna system, then I will mod the RC and try to do the same flight path. Ill screen record the mod flight also.

Hopefully I get some more range out of my mavic :)

Here are pictures of the system and package. Everything is shrink wrapped and very nice!!!

Stand by for flight results :)

View attachment 23251 View attachment 23252

Ok, I think I have got it figured.
The 5.8 is for use with Active track or tap to fly. It sends over the 5.8 and has a limited range.
The 2.4 is for long distance.

At least that appears to be the understanding.

So, why does the specs on the Mavic Pro Drone have a 5.8ghz transmitter.

The remote does not.

What does the 5.8 on the drone do if there is no 5.8 receiver.

And, why does the remote have a 5.8 option if it only uses 2.4
What the good folks above said.

Anyone seen a formed case for the RC & Titan?

I see what people mean by front heavy, I was thinking of adding a strap point onto the t connector, thinking a steel triangle with 3 holes, 1 hoop for lanyard and 2 holes for mounting using the screws that attach the t connector to the plate between the aerials

_20171103_151547.JPG

Last edited:
I agree 100% about their customer service is super excellent and they guide you to get the correct product and not trying to sell you the most expensive one. I recently bought this antenna system for a trip to the Caribbean to capture some images of the disaster areas. Due to the terrain features I knew the stick antennas will not do a good job going through the mountains. I reached almost 5 miles away without loosing the signal at all. It’s a really a good investment, I don’t regret to have spent $369 for the complete system.

So I received my Atlas on Friday and I have to say.....I couldn't be happier. I called them at 9pm on Friday night with a question and within 30 min had an email response. Awesome customer service. Great product, I've already tested it and I was very pleased with the improvement !
dc4d7ab24f16e7895e14894a1e0b678d.jpg
fa17092fbc45d19ad9602963930d3369.jpg
fb88dcf8895dbe7dc4d9348fb10ab62e.jpg
010259a75bb7580671661d85fc9e1e49.jpg
2c56bd063b8bbab2fa304c05570735ca.jpg
7d7550e6ca2d28d0c21c72496ac068b1.jpg

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Anybody who wants to use a Titan Cyclone or Altas with the MP or MPP has to choose a 2.4ghz model as Occusync is only 2.4ghz.

According to Jake at Titan a 5.8ghz amplified antenna could damage the controller

So I received my Atlas on Friday and I have to say.....I couldn't be happier. I called them at 9pm on Friday night with a question and within 30 min had an email response. Awesome customer service. Great product, I've already tested it and I was very pleased with the improvement !
dc4d7ab24f16e7895e14894a1e0b678d.jpg
fa17092fbc45d19ad9602963930d3369.jpg
fb88dcf8895dbe7dc4d9348fb10ab62e.jpg
010259a75bb7580671661d85fc9e1e49.jpg
2c56bd063b8bbab2fa304c05570735ca.jpg
7d7550e6ca2d28d0c21c72496ac068b1.jpg

Glad you like it :)

Reactions: SkyNinja
I recently purchased a Cyclone Antenna by Titan Drones from maxxuav. After the installation I was having issue with not being able to get a signal greater than 75% without being right on top of the mavic. I called James with Titan Drones. Let me tell you tell you about the "Service" I received.
Upon explaining to James where I got the antenna and what the issue I was having with the connection. He asked a few simple troubleshooting questions, and here is the part that shocked me.. He then asked "Do you have any jobs that you need it for? I would be more than willing to get in my car and bring you another one" Now I only live about an hour away, but come on.. Most business would have said "well were open till 5" or what ever. Not James. I told him I did not need it that bad and that I had several remotes to use. He sent me another antenna "Next Day" I was still experiencing the same issues.
Long story short.. Ended up being the controller. I upgraded another controller I had, and it works like a champ. I can not say enough about the quality of product, or the customer service that Titan Drones offers.

Hi there, I'm having similar problems as you had with my Cyclone. It's making me crazy. I had maxxuav do the upgrade but when i got it back i simply have no range. Way worse than before. So i got Jake involved and while he was great he is busy so every round of email took days. My fault there too. I was just as slow so not upset about that.

I sent controller back to him and got it back with still no range. Plus another problem was introduced. Wife kind of thinking it's humorous about now... So back to Jake it went again, and back to me. You guessed it, not good. (3x back and forth). At this point I'm thinking what the frig is going on here so i did what anyone guy would do...... I justified starting over and buy a new controller on eBay... and do the mod myself with new upgrade kit! Still sucks. Wifes laughing stopped about now too. Now she's like grrrr.

I haven't talked to anyone.... I was so upset i put the **** thing in the drawer... No wait.. "both" **** things, and said to wife, "one word from you and I'll gonna knock you into next week"...you know, i was being a tough guy n-****

That brings us to the present. Yeah i know, i know it's probably NOT the controller. Im actually thinking it might be the connector cables or obviously the cyclone. Ha ha, I'm friggin brilliant! But here's the thing... Brilliant or not I don't know to test the system aside from flying the mavic and seeing how far it goes... Can anyone offer constructive advice on best way to isolate where I'm losing the signal? I actually stopped contacting Jake because i felt bad about the time of his i was consuming. Not to mention my time away from the businesses im trying to grow. That's why i performed the "insert drone into drawer" maneuver for a while. Just barely getting to where i can stand thinking about it again.... So much time invested, so little to show for it.
Anyway if you or anyone knows a way to test signal output please share. For now please hold the smart *** remarks down please as the wound is still tender. Thanks

ps... The wife comments were added for effect. Yup..... crazy as it may be they never happened... Truth is im scared to death of my wife and i know she'd kill me if she knew how much i spent on this cluster f$&#! [emoji6]

Hi there, I'm having similar problems as you had with my Cyclone. It's making me crazy. I had maxxuav do the upgrade but when i got it back i simply have no range. Way worse than before. So i got Jake involved and while he was great he is busy so every round of email took days. My fault there too. I was just as slow so not upset about that.

I sent controller back to him and got it back with still no range. Plus another problem was introduced. Wife kind of thinking it's humorous about now... So back to Jake it went again, and back to me. You guessed it, not good. (3x back and forth). At this point I'm thinking what the frig is going on here so i did what anyone guy would do...... I justified starting over and buy a new controller on eBay... and do the mod myself with new upgrade kit! Still sucks. Wifes laughing stopped about now too. Now she's like grrrr.

I haven't talked to anyone.... I was so upset i put the **** thing in the drawer... No wait.. "both" **** things, and said to wife, "one word from you and I'll gonna knock you into next week"...you know, i was being a tough guy n-****

That brings us to the present. Yeah i know, i know it's probably NOT the controller. Im actually thinking it might be the connector cables or obviously the cyclone. Ha ha, I'm friggin brilliant! But here's the thing... Brilliant or not I don't know to test the system aside from flying the mavic and seeing how far it goes... Can anyone offer constructive advice on best way to isolate where I'm losing the signal? I actually stopped contacting Jake because i felt bad about the time of his i was consuming. Not to mention my time away from the businesses im trying to grow. That's why i performed the "insert drone into drawer" maneuver for a while. Just barely getting to where i can stand thinking about it again.... So much time invested, so little to show for it.
Anyway if you or anyone knows a way to test signal output please share. For now please hold the smart *** remarks down please as the wound is still tender. Thanks

ps... The wife comments were added for effect. Yup..... crazy as it may be they never happened... Truth is im scared to death of my wife and i know she'd kill me if she knew how much i spent on this cluster f$&#! [emoji6]

First lets try and isolate the issue.

1) Are you using a 2.4ghz Cyclone with the Mavic ? Occusync only uses 2.4ghz

2) What sort of range are you getting and what are the test conditions e.g area ?

3) what sort of range were you getting with stock antennas ?

4) the Cables connecting the QMA connectors are you using the long or short type, long cables are 2.4in and slightly thinner ?

4) get a set of the whips from Titan so you can just use the normal setup as a baseline for testing, this should work better than stock, I think they have 9dbi models now ?

5) I'd ask Titan to borrow a 2.4ghz Control to see if the Cyclone panel or amplification is the problem

7) What happens to the signal when you "turn" the Cyclone on, do the indicator bars fall away or are they still full bar ?

8) What happens to the signal when you face the other way from the AC, does the signal drop away ? trying to ascertain if the Cyclone signal causes any change good or bad

Reactions: SkyNinja
Glad to read all the good posts about the Titan antenna system, I just installed the Titan “Control” on my Spark controller (have not had time to try it out yet) and I have the Cyclone system ordered for my MP.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukegotit