DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gotten insurance with State Farm? If so please read!

I'm insured with SF in CA. My agent said, "My underwriter will not write this..."

What is your agents contact? You should add to the spreadsheet linked to this thread so others can leverage your agent

What is your agents contact? You should add to the spreadsheet linked to this thread so others can leverage your agent
About to ask the same question. I'm in CA and no agent can write me a quote so far lol.

For many people it's hard to find an agent that is familiar with insuring drones in their state. Many agents won't do it or will do it but with a large deductible or other catch. I made a quick form to submit the contact info of agents who wrote a drone policy so that others can find agents easily.

The form is 8 very quick questions that should take less than a minute of your time while helping others save a ton of time with trying to find an agent. My goal for this is to have every state covered.

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ ... L374jsmZnw/viewform

Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488

For those that don't know about insurance through State Farm, you can get your drone insured through their PAP (Personal Articles Policy) for $60 a year and no deductible. It will cover both lost / stolen as well as accidental damage (crash). Unlike refresh it does not require you to have the drone to make a claim, can be renewed each year, covers accessories, has no 48 hour limit, and you get a brand new drone (no repairs or refurbished).
The only problem is that each agent and underwriter has their own discretion, so many people need to all around before finding one that will write the policy.
Tons of great info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/ ... rm_insurance_guide/

thanks for the links

Just got off the phone with an agent that was on the google doc, she is located in Conroe, Texas. The cost is $60/year with a $0 deductible, covers everything from theft to crashing into a building. She did mention that she was gonna check with the underwriters to make sure that they could still do stand alone policies. But also mentioned that State Farm could do away with stand alone contracts in the future. Meaning that if you currently don't have home or auto through them, then they wouldn't insure. She wanted to speak with the underwriters before writing up my policy. She mentioned she would let me know by the end of today (7/13/17).

$60 for the $1400 drone
$0 deductible
Through State Farm in Washington. I had to try and few agents though. They kept telling me I was wrong when I said they covered drone s

Just got off the phone with an agent that was on the google doc, she is located in Conroe, Texas. The cost is $60/year with a $0 deductible, covers everything from theft to crashing into a building. She did mention that she was gonna check with the underwriters to make sure that they could still do stand alone policies. But also mentioned that State Farm could do away with stand alone contracts in the future. Meaning that if you currently don't have home or auto through them, then they wouldn't insure. She wanted to speak with the underwriters before writing up my policy. She mentioned she would let me know by the end of today (7/13/17).

I never heard back from the lady I talked to yesterday, so I called another agency from the google doc and was insured and paid for the coverage over the phone. All this still in Texas

Do you folks have liability insurance as well? I would be more worried about a lawsuit (especially in the US) than losing my drone.

I never heard back from the lady I talked to yesterday, so I called another agency from the google doc and was insured and paid for the coverage over the phone. All this still in Texas
It's sad how clueless different agents and offices are within State Farm. I got both my P4P and Mavic insured with one agent and a couple of weeks ago I emailed him to add my I2 and X5S. He got back to me a day later and said they can't insure drones with cameras. So earlier this week I contacted another office a couple of towns over and now have my I2 insured with them.

It's sad how clueless different agents and offices are within State Farm. I got both my P4P and Mavic insured with one agent and a couple of weeks ago I emailed him to add my I2 and X5S. He got back to me a day later and said they can't insure drones with cameras. So earlier this week I contacted another office a couple of towns over and now have my I2 insured with them.

She's not cluess, she mentioned that her dad is the president of a RC flight club and she does a presentation every year for them. I'm thinking now after it was so easy going through another agent she didn't wanna sell to me since I don't have any other policies with state farm.

I just got mine for $36 with no deductable in Virginia. I also have auto and renters insurance through State Farm so maybe that is why I am getting a cheaper rate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54