DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS, ATTI, OPTI Modes - what controls modes and are they controllable

and know how to put it into tripod mode.
You mean the one that automatically deactivates itself if the aircraft switches to ATTI? Hope you're prepared.

you're too cowardly to try yourself
You have no idea.

I've flown my Mavic indoors for hours both for fun and professionally... but not with the unreliable stock settings. A warehouse is even worse than a flat because of magnetic disturbances.

I don't know by what standards you're judging DJI but I honestly wonder if you apply those same standards to other companies whose products you purchase?

I've followed their business practices a bit more closely than others indeed, but in their case it really takes their technical advance to stay with them. Their Eastern culture and arrogance surpasses anything you find.

Last edited:
You mean the one that automatically deactivates itself if the aircraft switches to ATTI? Hope you're prepared.

You have no idea.

I've flown indoors for hours both for fun and professionally... but not with the unreliable stock settings.

Okay then, instead of saying that "it's dangerous and shouldn't be done" share your techniques for doing it safely!

BTW allow me to admit that I may have confused you and your tag team partner. My apologies.

Oh and the drone switching to atti indoors doesn't scare me. In fact, I agree that should be an option to begin with. I think that if you could lock the drone in different modes... Wait, what all happens when you change your settings to using prop guards?

You have no idea.

I've flown my Mavic indoors for hours both for fun and professionally... but not with the unreliable stock settings. A warehouse is even worse than a flat because of magnetic disturbances.

I've followed their business practices a bit more closely than others indeed, but in their case it really takes their technical advance to stay with them. Their Eastern culture and arrogance surpasses anything you find.

More arrogant than Sony or Samsung? How about GM that hushed up the problem with their ignition switches until people died or Volkswagen that fudged their mpg numbers?

Last edited:
Unfortunately the admins of this place disallow discussions of anything "not official DJI" and ban offenders even when it improves safety, so I'm afraid you'll have to look for that on your own.

Oh okay, that's fair enough.

Well if it's any consolation, I went ahead and ordered the DJI prop cages and blades just to be safe. No use chancing it when there's a decent solution to be had.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Hi.
Can any one please tell me if i can change from GPS to ATTI/OPTI mode ?

Last week I was in a remote area with high mountains all over around me and GPS satellites were like 6 or 7 and my mavic pro platinum was restricted to 5 meters in altitude and I couldn't take any good shots. It stuck to the GPS mode and I wasn't able to go higher than 5 meters. I restarted everything many times but nothing changed.

Hi.
Can any one please tell me if i can change from GPS to ATTI/OPTI mode ?

Last week I was in a remote area with high mountains all over around me and GPS satellites were like 6 or 7 and my mavic pro platinum was restricted to 5 meters in altitude and I couldn't take any good shots. It stuck to the GPS mode and I wasn't able to go higher than 5 meters. I restarted everything many times but nothing changed.
Yes you can.. Just Google for it. ..

New subject but still regarding GPS v ATTI. When I fly out sometimes the upper left corner will tell me there is a GPS error and goes to ATTI. Then if I stop , it goes back to GPS. This happens almost every time I start moving. I did calibrate and and I am out in the open. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard