DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lower speed in ATTI mode

Excel

Reactions
Hello everyone!
First of all, sorry for my English, I'm Spanish. I have tweaked my Mavic to enter ATTI mode from the controller because I want to fly indoors to take some detail photographs of a column (height=15 meters).
My problem is that the drone stills moves too fast when I push the triggers (and also drifts too much, but I think there is no solution here), and I need the drone to move gently in order to take sequential photos. I would like to lower the movement speed, similar to Tripod mode, for example. Is it possible?
I short, I want Tripod mode indoors (no GPS signal) 😂
Thanks,

Eduardo

You can't do anything about the max tilt angle (the more the drone tilts the faster it gets)... so the only thing you can modulate is your own stick inputs.

To get help with a gentle stick input you can change the EXP & Sensitivity settings in DJI GO4. You find a description of those settings here --> Sensitivity Settings for Smooth Drone Footage – DJI Go 4 | dronegenuity

Sometimes this works : Start the drone outside and gather as many Sats as you can than walk the drone inside and see if you cannot maintain some signal , enough to get the shots , but be prepared to loose signal at any time.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

@Excel ,basically in ATTI mode once you start the drone moving in a particular direction it will keep going in that direction ,until an opposite stick movement is applied ,this has the affect of sending the drone in the opposite direction if the stick is held for to long ,the downwards sensors only keep the drones height constant ,all lateral movements need to be started then stopped between moves it takes a lot of practice to accomplish this ,but it really helps with stick control as others have mentioned adjusting the EXPO settings can assist in this

Deleted.

Last edited:
Hello again!
After adjusting the EXPO settings, I flew my Mavic 2 Pro indoor in ATTI mode with bad results: it was nearly impossible to maintain the drone still in order to take the sequential photographs of the column (height was above 10 meters).
I came with a new idea: make a video and extract the photograms. I made a try with a short video (with the default parameters of the camera) and I think this could work well.

What I need: closed-up and detailed photographs of the column to look for stonemason's marks.
Should I set the resolution in 4K and 30fps, 2,7K and 60fps or FHD and 120p? I think the more resolution the better, but FPS are also important here.
Also, I heard about the 180-degree shutter rule... but the problem again is that I am indoor, so light conditions are not ideal (I am afraid that if I set a shutter speed value the ISO will go too high).

Last (unfounded) question, would an indoor GPS signal repeater work? So I could fly in Tripod mode.
Thank you.

As a seasoned Pilot Atti Mode scares me ,I am always in shock when People recommend it as its Pro Level flying outside let alone in doors. Did you try to get signal lock and enter the area ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Run away from using Atti mode.

No, but I will try. What device has the GPS receiver: the drone or the remote controller? I don't know if I can get the signal lock because I want to fly inside a spacious church and I am afraid I will lose the signal the moment I enter...

No, but I will try. What device has the GPS receiver: the drone or the remote controller? I don't know if I can get the signal lock because I want to fly inside a spacious church and I am afraid I will lose the signal the moment I enter...
Just walk in the Drone by hand, go everywhere you need to and find the Limits, Im sure the Church has some windows that may give some lee way.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart