DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GPS taking a LONG time to connect on initialization.

hidaven

Reactions
Its taking like 3-5 min. to get the OPTI to clear out and GPS to kick in.....Any suggestions/ Thoughts?
I have 12 satelites locked in and it still wont give me GPS mode....Odd

Its taking like 3-5 min. to get the OPTI to clear out and GPS to kick in.....Any suggestions/ Thoughts?
I have 12 satelites locked in and it still wont give me GPS mode....Odd

I have seen this in a few posts and if my memorry is correct people seemed to resolve this with an IMU calibration. ..

Just make sure you do this on a very flat/level suraface and if possible cool down the Mavic before you do it.

I don't thank that's overly unusual. I open up the Mavic, place it on the ground, and turn it on first. So it warms up and gets locates the GPS towers.

Then I open the controller, place the phone, and turn it on, which takes just enough time that the Mavic is ready to go. Always works fine!

I don't thank that's overly unusual. I open up the Mavic, place it on the ground, and turn it on first. So it warms up and gets locates the GPS towers.

Then I open the controller, place the phone, and turn it on, which takes just enough time that the Mavic is ready to go. Always works fine!

Aren't you supposed to turn the controller on first before turning the drone on?

Aren't you supposed to turn the controller on first before turning the drone on?

It doesn't seem matter at all, at least with mine.

I have a Phantom 3 Pro, too. The order doesn't seem to matter with that either.

As long as they connect, and it flies properly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21