DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

joaocengracio

Reactions
Hello there,
Any chance of advice please?
My image looks grainy shooting with 4k on my Mavic Pro. I tried to change the shutter speed but still looks grainy.
Any advice for the best settings ?

Here is how it looks like.

Cheers

I looked at the file and there are a few issues that I am spotting. I think the beginning might be oversharpened a bit. Also the shutter speed could be too high and that could also contribute to the harsher looking footage rather than the coveted "cinematic look". The movement over the lake was a little "gel-like". I'm absolutely not sure at all and just "spitballing", but that could be that either the drone or your SD card couldn't write fast enough to make the recording smooth and continguous.

At the 28 minute mark or so I'm looking at the foreground before the lake and the hills behind. The entire image is tack sharp. I would have expected the foreground or background, to be softer than I'm seeing.

Perhaps there are several things that come into play here?

I looked at the file and there are a few issues that I am spotting. I think the beginning might be oversharpened a bit. Also the shutter speed could be too high and that could also contribute to the harsher looking footage rather than the coveted "cinematic look". The movement over the lake was a little "gel-like". I'm absolutely not sure at all and just "spitballing", but that could be that either the drone or your SD card couldn't write fast enough to make the recording smooth and continguous.

At the 28 minute mark or so I'm looking at the foreground before the lake and the hills behind. The entire image is tack sharp. I would have expected the foreground or background, to be softer than I'm seeing.

Perhaps there are several things that come into play here?
Thanks for the reply. That’s one of the things that I need to look at, the SD card. Will need to try to find a faster one and see if it helps.
Cheers

Landing in soil/dirt can create issues with blowing particles into the camera and or motors. Landing in grass would be slightly better or find some sort of landing pad.
Altitude is your friend. Less obstacles to avoid.
Have fun and be safe!

Reactions: joaocengracio
Use the lowest ISO setting possible if this option is available, as you increase the ISO value, (increasing the gain actually) more noise is introduced into the picture and it takes on a more "grainy" look.

Reactions: joaocengracio
For a new pilot, best setting is like AUTOMATIC. Don't start changing settings until you really understand what you are doing.
As for the video, first "stop moving the drone" and let it do it's video thing. Decide what you want to view and then do the video and stop. Then do a new video of your next scene. It's difficult to figure out what you were really doing.
Assuming this was a continue video shoot it's strange. I didn't see any grain issues anywhere. I did see exposure problems, possible focus issues when too close, possible backlighting issues, mostly operator problems.
What settings did you really use? More details are needed if you want help.
How much zooming did you do, and where.

What ISO setting were you using? Using the lowest ISO will produce the best results

For a new pilot, best setting is like AUTOMATIC. Don't start changing settings until you really understand what you are doing.
As for the video, first "stop moving the drone" and let it do it's video thing. Decide what you want to view and then do the video and stop. Then do a new video of your next scene. It's difficult to figure out what you were really doing.
Assuming this was a continue video shoot it's strange. I didn't see any grain issues anywhere. I did see exposure problems, possible focus issues when too close, possible backlighting issues, mostly operator problems.
What settings did you really use? More details are needed if you want help.
How much zooming did you do, and where.
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t use any zoom. As for Iso I did use manual 800 and shutter speed I did use high one. I’m trying to figure out if reducing everything will help or start with automatic and see if it helps. It was a flight test and I noticed the image quality wasn’t the best I believe It can be done. Cheers

So manual everything would explain the dark images.
For now I believe AUTO everything will take care of your problems.
You can't expect a single manual settings will work for varying light intensity scene changes. Dark scenes require one setting while bright sunlight scenes require different settings. That's when AUTO works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1