DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Enterprise with DroneDeploy & Zeitview... Anyone?

Reactions
Site
www.certifieddronemedia.com
Hello from California!!
I now have a shiny new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise. I'm a pilot flying primarily for Zeitview. I've been using, with success, DroneDeploy with my Phantom 4 Pro v2 since 2017. Now I'm trying to fly DroneDeploy with my M3E but it's REALLY bad missing images along the automated routes in droves - DOZENS of missed pictures in a 2 hour flight.

Anyone have any advice? Anything?

I've attached the Coverage Checker (Zeitview) showing the many missed images .

Thanks,
AndyMavic_3E_DroneDeploy_02.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4006448
Hello from the Crossroads of America CertDroneMedia.

Nice to meet you Andy. 🤝

I can't help you with your questions, but other members here are more knowledgeable than I and can possibly help.

I can welcome you to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from California!!
I now have a shiny new DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise. I'm a pilot flying primarily for Zeitview. I've been using, with success, DroneDeploy with my Phantom 4 Pro v2 since 2017. Now I'm trying to fly DroneDeploy with my M3E but it's REALLY bad missing images along the automated routes in droves - DOZENS of missed pictures in a 2 hour flight.

Thanks,
Andy
I found lots of holes in my M3E photos until I changed the settings for the camera from timed to distance. Although that was with the native app, not DroneDeploy. Is there an option in DD for that?

Reactions: LoudThunder
Thank you!!! I appreciate it. :)

I found lots of holes in my M3E photos until I changed the settings for the camera from timed to distance. Although that was with the native app, not DroneDeploy. Is there an option in DD for that?
Thanks WanderLost! I appreciate your response.

No, there isn't a setting in DroneDeploy for that option (that I know of). I found that DJI's Flight Route is MUCH better than DroneDeploy. It's much more consistent. Intentional by DJI to not "allow" DroneDeploy to work completely? Hmmm. I wonder. I've rarely had an issue (since 2017) with DJI Go 4 and my Phantom 4 Pro v2 using DroneDeploy...but DJI Go 4 didn't have a "Flight Route" capability and still doesn't. Interesting!!!!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi Andy. Couldn't find the attached the attached Zeitview coverage checker file. It's been a while since I did a big job on the M3E but the only issue I had was at battery change time. When it restarted on the 2nd battery (in my case) there was a gap between battery 1 images and battery 2 images. Zeitview and the customer accepted the gap so all was well for me. The gap was a couple of lines in a 100+ line ortho. Within the rest of the areas actually covered before and after the battery changes there were no misses. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your coverage pic.

Hello from California!!

I've attached the Coverage Checker (Zeitview) showing the many missed images .

Thanks,
Andy
I would suggest using the Pilot 2 app, either recreate the flight or d/l the KML. Years ago I had issues with (dronebase/Zeitview) with similar issues using the files from them. I recreate the flight and had few if any missing shots.

Hi Andy. Couldn't find the attached the attached Zeitview coverage checker file. It's been a while since I did a big job on the M3E but the only issue I had was at battery change time. When it restarted on the 2nd battery (in my case) there was a gap between battery 1 images and battery 2 images. Zeitview and the customer accepted the gap so all was well for me. The gap was a couple of lines in a 100+ line ortho. Within the rest of the areas actually covered before and after the battery changes there were no misses. Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing your coverage pic.
Thanks for your reply REStewart. I've successfully attached the ortho results image.

Yes, I've had a few (very few) battery change location issues but for the most part DroneDeploy has performed quite well. One of the reasons I bought the M3E was because of better battery life which offers FEWER BATTERY CHANGES!!!!!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I would use Drone Deploy with the P4, but as mentioned by @Recoveryone the Pilot 2 app with the Enterprise

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

I would use Drone Deploy with the P4, but as mentioned by @Recoveryone the Pilot 2 app with the Enterprise
Thanks GFields. Yes, I'm just hoping, based on familiarity mostly, that DroneDeploy gets their act together with Pilot 32 and the RC Pro. I have noticed through some test flights that the Flight Route capability within the Pilot app has more options and is allowing for a faster route. Will they be accepted by Zeitview? I have not idea yet. I've reached out to them but not response yet. Maybe I'll hold a mission's set of images as ransom so they'll answer my questions first. LOL ;)

Will they be accepted by Zeitview?
I would think so. The main thing that Zeitview (and most) are concerned about is the format and image quality.

I would think so. The main thing that Zeitview (and most) are concerned about is the format and image quality.
I hope so. On my next mission, time permitting, I'll just fly both the P4P and M3E with DroneDeploy AND Pilot2 but submit the Pilot 2 images at 1/2000 sec shutter speed flying at top speeds suggested and see how they respond. I'll keep the P4P images on hold for backup. I DO like the camera settings options within the Pilot 2 app.

Also, is the 75% front and 65% side overlap just a MINIMUM or is it exactly what they are looking for? In other words, can I set it to 80/80% overlap so that if it misses a couple images it will still be acceptable with some cushion?

I've got an email out to Zeitview. We'll see.

Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas