DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Grand Canyon - Mavic PRO

Dad just ridiculous the way this world is coming too with humans used to be a free country now it’s all about money and greed

Are you complaining about the behavior of the Yellowstone photographer, the OP in this thread, the NPS sUAS operations ban, the GCNP overflight restrictions, the current state of government, or something else?

We went through there last summer and you are right outside the park there are so many canyons and places to video - legally.
Nice job

Is that your perspective on all criminal activity like shop lifting and such? Or just drones in general?
Speeding, turning without using your blinker, and such?

The problem here is not just the park. The National Park Service controls all National Monuments, Scenic Rivers etc and drone launching/landing is prohibited in almost all of them. If you do the research, the entire Colorado River from Lake Powell to almost Lake Havasu AZ is off limits to drones including the areas shown here.

The NPS just needs to ALLOW visitors to carry anti drone weapons. Problem solved. If a drone is ruining the in person experience, just shoot it down! :D

Are you complaining about the behavior of the Yellowstone photographer, the OP in this thread, the NPS sUAS operations ban, the GCNP overflight restrictions, the current state of government, or something else?
All of the above AND something else I would guess :)

Reactions: sar104
We went through there last summer and you are right outside the park there are so many canyons and places to video - legally.
Nice job

Except most of the land outside of the park is Indian Country and you don't want to be stopped by them because our rules do not apply and if they decide to take your drone it is GONE. You will go through their court system to try to get it back. There are three different tribes that control land outside of the park.

Some people don't read too well do they LOL

No they don't do they? Because if you read my comment I said that much of the area OUTSIDE of the park in Indian Nation and there are even more strict rules about flying there. Get caught, maybe spend the next month in jail in Window Rock. Outside of US jurisdiction.

Reactions: bazuchan
Is that your perspective on all criminal activity like shop lifting and such? Or just drones in general?

I dunno. Are you always a drama queen, or just online?

Not saying it applies in this case but that would educate _one_ person. Posting publicly educates everyone who reads it now and in the future.

Point taken in general, but once the point had been made, the dog pile got a little excessive. Yeah yeah, no go in an NPS space. We got it. All this “Paging the NPS” nonsense isn’t constructive. He tried to share something, then everyone goes out of their way to prove what a blatant scofflaw he is. Chill out. We get it. Once that point is made, it’s made.

NFZs do not exist in law. They are informational in such things as Airmap, and firmware restrictions in DJI parlance.
Just what I need more police in my life... It's done leave it alone... I think it was a great video and hope you learn from it... I can't wait to learn Hill to news this toy tool.. I'm scared of losing it.... That had to be real scary. Lot of updrafts down drafts I was there... Southern rim job got put on probation for picking up a rattlesnake... My friend went to jail for having a beer in his camper that we bought in the park... Beautiful place I need to do more but not to sit in Jail lol...Biggest tourist trap in the world... Great video great piloting I wish I could do that someday... I keep asking anyone from so Jersey get together.. Not sure if anyone can even see this... Thanks and have fun... But you do have to follow rules... Only because someone could get Killed.... But once it's over it's over... Pictures enjoy the film.....

Last edited:
I dunno. Are you always a drama queen, or just online?
Just what I need more police policing me...
Ya know, people on this forum can be pretty mean spirited. I get the concern for unscrupulous pilots flying illegally and unsafely, but perhaps we can all agree to resist the urge to play high and mighty, castigating and name calling. IOW, be nice.
I just signed up for this forum I belong to a lot of forms with brothers I become friends with that help Each other... There's always one wanna be cop... This should be for education and friendship not to get someone in trouble because you're jealous... If I was him I would take the film down and never come back on the site again.. And if he can tell me another one I will join With him it's really scary... Do we really need more cops and prosecutors When we're trying to have fun and share with others... This really makes me crazy... Sorry to rant on I don't even know if this is post and I guess for help and haven't got one reply.... Probably my last text on here good luck and thanks for a great video... And thanks to the other members that are supporting this guy... Not that he should need it..... Sorry about text to talk I have really big hands...

Just what I need more police in my life... It's done leave it alone... I think it was a great video and hope you learn from it... I can't wait to learn Hill to news this toy tool.. I'm scared of losing it.... That had to be real scary. Lot of updrafts down drafts I was there... Southern rim job got put on probation for picking up a rattlesnake... My friend went to jail for having a beer in his camper that we bought in the park... Beautiful place I need to do more but not to sit in Jail lol...Biggest tourist trap in the world... Great video great piloting I wish I could do that someday... I keep asking anyone from so Jersey get together.. Not sure if anyone can even see this... Thanks and have fun... But you do have to follow rules... Only because someone could get Killed.... But once it's over it's over... Pictures enjoy the film.....

And you clearly completely misunderstood my post - I was pointing out that NFZs in third party apps need to be regarded as unofficial - nothing to do with this video. I suggest you actually read before commenting, and if you joined to lecture us on what we should post about then you won't be around for long.

lol.... guys... the drone footage was from outside the park. I did not fly inside at all. Handheld camera/gimbal on the inside. Thanks for watching.
NFZ is shorthand for an area where you are not permitted to fly by FAA refs and designations. AirMap and DJI might not be 100% accurate but if you think they don’t exist go try to land your drone on the White House lawn. - just speaking rhetorically.

Jimmy,

Your video is breathtaking! You put the scenes togethers in a totally professional manor, and blended the audio perfectly! I may try to download the footage to show others. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird