DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Green "Sunspot?"

DisasterPastor

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm new to drone and doing sky video shots so if this is common knowledge I apologize. I sometimes get a small green "orb" type spot across my video as I do a pan or 360 shot that includes the sun. Is this avoidable and if so how? Thanks for the help.

It's just internal reflections in the lens. Can fix in post...
How can I fix it. I've seen a few like cloud/fog shadows pop up, but the green dot goes from one side of the screen to the next. Anyway to avoid either, or just is what it is?

Wonder if a lens hood helps a little to get rid of the green dot, but I doubt whether it would make any difference. I have the same issue with the M4P when flying against the sun. A real shame because sunrises/sunsets are stunning in the mountains where I am. The only thing that has helped to get rid of the green dot is to change the angle using the gimbal dial and with a bit of flight altitude trial-error.

There are videos of folks being able to remove the green dot on Premier Pro and After Effects, but wonder if there is a simple way to remove the green UFO (Oops, UAP) in post, in FCPX.