DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice for interior shooting

Forum search is your friend.

Reasoning is unnecessary. The data from logs shows it.

As far as proving GPS is ignored, one of the posters in that thread dragged a floor mat across the lawn or something, and the drone followed it.

If you're skeptical, try it yourself.

...one of the posters in that thread dragged a floor mat across the lawn or something, and the drone followed it.
😁 LOL, yeah did that test myself several years ago... & yeah, the drone followed the rug nicely for a while but only for a shorter distance, similar to the estimated GPS accuracy. And this is what's seen when a drone hovers low over steaming water with a good GPS position... the hover position isn't as locked as when hovering over solid ground.

So my log & all other I've looked at over the years here at the forum couldn't show that reliable GPS data was ignored just because the VPS had a good lock on the surface below.

For indoor shooting I prefer cinewhoops like the Avata or GepRC Cinelog. Yes, they're much harder to control, and require hours in the simulator to fly, but trust me, it is worth it! They'll get you into FPV as well!

For indoor shooting I prefer cinewhoops like the Avata or GepRC Cinelog. Yes, they're much harder to control, and require hours in the simulator to fly, but trust me, it is worth it! They'll get you into FPV as well!

Actually the Avata is super easy to control indoors where conditions are suitable for good VPS operation. Under those circumstances, flies like any DJI drone in N mode. Because it's a DJI drone operating in N mode 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman