Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motion Controller 2 and the Rub

Bob in Savannah

Masters Patron
Reactions
Site
instagram.com
I just wanted to give a little insight to the Motion Controller 2 (MC2) and its use with the Mavic line of camera drones. I have a Mavic 3.

The drone flies like a dream with a lot more precision using the MC2 and I can fit into the tiniest of spots using the MC2 and Integra Goggles. I can see quite clearly every branch and every piece of hanging moss. AND with head tracking enabled, I can see a much larger view (literally 180 degrees) with slight head movement. NO WAY I'm going to hit something or get hemmed up. It's really a dream to use.

And now the rub. grr. I can't quickly take vids and pics and access all my camera options (as well as active tracking or any other number of features) without hitting menu buttons on the controller as well as the goggles.. Maybe I'm not navigating properly but I've been all over the menus while flying the last full day.

If all I want to do is snap pics, I seem to be able to do that easily but that's about it. The vids are always "not as smooth" as they should be because the controller excels at tiny slow speed movements in tight areas but seems too touchy to use for long straight vids over open areas.. I hope I'm explaining myself correctly..

The optimum thing would be to have your normal controller operational with the goggles and just use the MC2 when I'm exploring or looking for a shot in tight congested areas which were once a NO-GO before the MC2.
This is how it was years ago with the og white goggles. You were able to use your controller. Thats whats needed.

The MC2 is really cool but not set up for photography. Its a niche product that IS worth the money but more of a luxury and accessory than anything else. I DO feel a little bullied into buying it knowing good and well the controller will be enabled thru an update at some point, especially considering some people have already found a 1/2 way decent workaround to use your controller. But that's the price early adopters pay, right?

Last edited:
Good info but the Mavic line of drones It's compatible with are (taken from their website).

DJI RC Motion 2 is compatible with some camera drones, such as DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Mini 3 Pro. Now you can unlock more creative possibilities with easy and intuitive control.

Good info but the Mavic line of drones It's compatible with are (taken from their website).

DJI RC Motion 2 is compatible with some camera drones, such as DJI Mavic 3 Pro, DJI Mavic 3 Pro Cine, DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, and DJI Mini 3 Pro. Now you can unlock more creative possibilities with easy and intuitive control.
Did you even read my post? lol

Did you even read my post? lol
Yes, your first sentence says "I just wanted to give a little insight to the Motion Controller 2 (MC2) and its use with the Mavic line of camera drones." which was the reason for my post.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Yes, your first sentence says "I just wanted to give a little insight to the Motion Controller 2 (MC2) and its use with the Mavic line of camera drones." which was the reason for my post.
Oh, ok. lol. No problem I didn't understand what you were saying.. I was offering my experience using the MC2and a Mavic 3. You responded with the drones the MC2 works on. I thought that was already known info since the update was 2 weeks ago. I just misunderstood you. :)

Reactions: Tufargon
Oh, ok. lol. No problem I didn't understand what you were saying.. I was offering my experience using the MC2and a Mavic 3. You responded with the drones the MC2 works on. I thought that was already known info since the update was 2 weeks ago. I just misunderstood you. :)
Hehe. Yeah that's why my first words were "good info" Thumbswayup
I had to actually look up the MC2 to know what it was and I came across that info so thought I would share it to anybody else that didn't know what drones it actually works for.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1