DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Portland Oregon USA.

P

pdxhayes

I'll be surfing these here forums after splurging on a Mavic. Since I'm likely to chime in at some point, an introduction would seem appropriate.

I'm Russ Hayes, and I currently live in the suburbs northwest of Portland Oregon. My true passion is motorcycle touring, and for a large part, the sizes of drones is what kept me out of the drone market. Even with a full dresser Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited, luggage space is limited when packing for two people. A phantom was out of the question, as it would take up the entire tour pack (if I could close it).

Enter the Mavic. A drone that can shoot great video, and take up less than 1/3 of a saddlebag! It was a done deal, and I pulled the trigger.

I've had my Mavic for a couple weeks, and have about 8 miles of flight records. So far, I'm keeping it close to me. I have a dream of beautiful motorcycle footage, combined with views that had been previously unseen.

I should mention I am a Constitutional Libertarian (not liberal), because I will undoubtably spout off in political discussions about why as a hobbyist, it is only right that I should have more freedom than 107 commercial use pilots. After all, we are talking about a venerated "pursuit of happiness", not pursuit of profit. I also find it a pain in the *** to have to notify the tiny airport 4.5 miles away. If a plane flies as low as I am, it is crashing, drone or not.

Well, that will do for now.

Attachments

• intro.png
    intro.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 6
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I'll be surfing these here forums after splurging on a Mavic. Since I'm likely to chime in at some point, an introduction would seem appropriate.

I'm Russ Hayes, and I currently live in the suburbs northwest of Portland Oregon. My true passion is motorcycle touring, and for a large part, the sizes of drones is what kept me out of the drone market. Even with a full dresser Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited, luggage space is limited when packing for two people. A phantom was out of the question, as it would take up the entire tour pack (if I could close it).

Enter the Mavic. A drone that can shoot great video, and take up less than 1/3 of a saddlebag! It was a done deal, and I pulled the trigger.

I've had my Mavic for a couple weeks, and have about 8 miles of flight records. So far, I'm keeping it close to me. I have a dream of beautiful motorcycle footage, combined with views that had been previously unseen.

I should mention I am a Constitutional Libertarian (not liberal), because I will undoubtably spout off in political discussions about why as a hobbyist, it is only right that I should have more freedom than 107 commercial use pilots. After all, we are talking about a venerated "pursuit of happiness", not pursuit of profit. I also find it a pain in the *** to have to notify the tiny airport 4.5 miles away. If a plane flies as low as I am, it is crashing, drone or not.

Well, that will do for now.
Howdy from Wyoming pdxhayes, welcome to the community; plenty of fine folk and good information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan