DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings from Québec

Bwass

Reactions
Hello everyone.

I live in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec (45.36205, -73.30491) and I bought a Mavic Pro in May 2017. I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while, but now I finally take some time to post something. I subscribed to MavicPilots.com weekly newsletter of the most popular forums topics. So far, I am quite pleased with my drone. I didn't experience any major glitch or fly-offs. I flew 35 sessions so far. I tried a few of the automated modes, like Point of View, Course Lock, etc. When the wind is calm, the stability of the video image is absolutely astounding. Sometimes, it's so stable that I think it's a photograph!

Here, winter has officially started (as in, first serious snowfall), so I will probably take a break until March. I may try to fly if the weather is calm and not too cold, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. So for now, I will work on the footage I took earlier this year and hopefully come up with good montages.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.40805

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Hello everyone.

I live in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Québec (45.36205, -73.30491) and I bought a Mavic Pro in May 2017. I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while, but now I finally take some time to post something. I subscribed to MavicPilots.com weekly newsletter of the most popular forums topics. So far, I am quite pleased with my drone. I didn't experience any major glitch or fly-offs. I flew 35 sessions so far. I tried a few of the automated modes, like Point of View, Course Lock, etc. When the wind is calm, the stability of the video image is absolutely astounding. Sometimes, it's so stable that I think it's a photograph!

Here, winter has officially started (as in, first serious snowfall), so I will probably take a break until March. I may try to fly if the weather is calm and not too cold, but I prefer to err on the side of caution. So for now, I will work on the footage I took earlier this year and hopefully come up with good montages.
Howdy from Wyoming @Bwass , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello from Repentigny, welcome to the forum!
Why miss capturing our beautiful winters? I have my Mavic Pro since it came out and have flown many flights year round. In winter I limit myself down to -15 C, although the drone can definitely go lower. It does well in fairly windy conditions also (I draw the line at gusts up to 25 km/h). Enjoy your drone!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!