DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Greetings Mini2 fliers

Welcome to the group!

Check out page 35 of the Mini 2 manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/20210222/DJI_Mini_2_User_Manual_EN.pdf

When you initiate RTH, the Mini 2 will climb to the altitude you set, fly to the home point, and then descend. Sounds like it was set higher than you expected.
It's easy to get confused by the RTH behavior.

I read the Mini-2 manual cover-to-cover before I flew it for the first time. But it was a fair while after that when I first used the RTH feature, and the results were counter-intuitive. I went back and checked the manual, and it intellectually made sense, but I had to go out and do it, and see it, a few times before it I finally "got" it.

A month or so ago I decided to re-read the Mini-2 manual because my flying had generated additional questions. Yesterday I finished reading the Mini-1 manual as well, and Monday I'll start on the Mini-SE manual.

Hopefully by the time I'm done with that, the Mini-3 manual will be out!

1650206953985.png

MM

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

It's easy to get confused by the RTH behavior.

I read the Mini-2 manual cover-to-cover before I flew it for the first time. But it was a fair while after that when I first used the RTH feature, and the results were counter-intuitive. I went back and checked the manual, and it intellectually made sense, but I had to go out and do it, and see it, a few times before it I finally "got" it.

A month or so ago I decided to re-read the Mini-2 manual because my flying had generated additional questions. Yesterday I finished reading the Mini-1 manual as well, and Monday I'll start on the Mini-SE manual.

Hopefully by the time I'm done with that, the Mini-3 manual will be out!

View attachment 146877

MM
thank you for your good advice..!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
hello all...

Thank you for accepting me into this discussion group
I am based in Thorneside half an hour from Brisbane, Australia

Finally bought my MINI2 after a long time lusting after it
Took it out for its maiden and it behaved very well apart from one aspect
When I pressed RTH it shot up vertically very high. I was able to stop it pressing the same button and then the land button on the iPhone screen
It landed very elegantly but nowhere near the take-off position

Any suggestions...?
Hi and Welcome to the Forum , from Len in South Wales UK, my stepson lives in Wynnum, lovely part of the world

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Welcome to the forum from south central Florida :cool: and enjoy. 🌴

hello all...

Thank you for accepting me into this discussion group
I am based in Thorneside half an hour from Brisbane, Australia

Finally bought my MINI2 after a long time lusting after it
Took it out for its maiden and it behaved very well apart from one aspect
When I pressed RTH it shot up vertically very high. I was able to stop it pressing the same button and then the land button on the iPhone screen
It landed very elegantly but nowhere near the take-off position

Any suggestions...?
Welcome, if you get the Manual for the Mini2, and you might read it in the room of Porcelain Amenities, you are going to have some enjoyment. Happy and safe flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3