DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gretna Green, uk

Hiwayman

Reactions
Uk.... anyone flown at Gretna Green?
I've been asked to capture a wedding but the couple have been told it's a no fly zone.....I can't find anything that that effect....
Maybe just the establishment trying to deter.....any local knowledge appreciated.

Putting this image in spoiler tags because it's quite large.

It's showing up on Drone Assist as an Army and RAF exercise area. I wouldn't want to be flying there.

A6Lnyx7.png

Reactions: Hiwayman
Putting this image in spoiler tags because it's quite large.

It's showing up on Drone Assist as an Army and RAF exercise area. I wouldn't want to be flying there.

A6Lnyx7.png
Thank you, that will be over by the time of any flight of mine.

If these ongoing restrictions are backed by NOTAM, it should show you in the associated text and there should also be a military or RAF contact number for the relevant ATC. Give them a ring and be open about it, date, times of proposed flight etc. ASK FOR PERMISSION AND CLEARANCE..... this is the military you're talking about, totally different kettle of fish to the civil authorities, but they are approachable and reasonable. If they give clearance, they will let you know the correct protocols to follow. If you decide to wing-it, you're just asking for trouble.

Certainly not looking to 'wing-it'.
I was hoping someone would comment with local knowledge of Gretna Green vicinity.

Gretna's near to at least one active MOD establishment, Longtown. Eastriggs is even closer, but I don't know if that's active now, it was in the early 2000's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown