DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gross negligence in South Florida

I don't know the kid, but he sounds a bit entitled. Mr. James, in the article, said they told him not to fly there. He said, "It's okay." @ 14? Really? When I was growing up, if an adult said not to do something, I would have asked, "Why not?" If they told me it's not allowed or pointed to a sign, I wouldn't have done it. That's the way I was raised.

I thought that minimum age to fly was 16...too bad such a young kid is going to be in so much trouble, when fully grown adults do stuff like this and don't get caught.

I thought that minimum age to fly was 16...
There's no minimum age to take the TRUST test. That's a bit uncomfortable. But then again, there are a lot of childish adults flying drones and the overall safety record is still very good.

You do have to be at least 13 to register a drone.

too bad such a young kid is going to be in so much trouble, when fully grown adults do stuff like this and don't get caught.

Is there any indication that the kid is going to be held accountable or prosecuted? I didn't see anything in the article. It does seem that karma has rapped him solidly on the knuckles already.

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
Apparently a drone was used to capture this, I'll just drop it here with a "no comment":

If they can afford that boat (oh, and that house), one would think they could afford the trash pick-up service...

If they can afford that boat (oh, and that house), one would think they could afford the trash pick-up service...
Agreed. Those are teenagers being teenagers and even with those kind of [serious] charges, my guess is hours of community service will be the outcome based on a plea where they'll resort to picking up at and cleaning the beaches for the entire summer. I can see the DA doing the calculations, two days a week, 13 weeks of summer......200 hours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh