DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ground Effect or ?

lrsn

Reactions
I've only had my new MP for about 10 days and I'm amazed at the stability and extreme ease of flying my new MP as compared to my Phantom P3P, P4 and Inspire 1V2 which are almost as easy to fly but I haven't figured out why when hand flying my MP to a full down landing it wants to stop descending at about 18" and I have to force it down momentarily using full down left stick. Once I get it descending again it lands very softly. If I use the auto landing feature it fully descends to the ground smoothly without hesitation. I haven't modified any of the MP original settings yet. Is there some feature that I havent set properly?

If you want to be able to manually control the Mavic until it reaches the ground, you'll need to disable the Landing Protection setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

When enabled, your Mavic will pause when it gets close to the ground, wait for the full throttle down, and then automatically land (like you described above).

It's also important for any circumstance when the failsafe RTH kicks in, and it doesn't land precisely where you launched from. Automation is great, but the human confirmation is always useful, and a worthwhile inconvenience.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05