DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Guy arrested for shooting down drone

I
Generally, not considered to be a lethal injury, but still might cause serious injury. Going to hurt like heck
im not sure.
I wonder how fact we can throw a pellet. I’m sure I couldn’t throw a .77 hard enough to hurt someone, unless I hit an eyeball (doctors say you are not supposed to get air rifle pellets in your eye). However, I have no idea how fast I can throw a pellet

But lots of luck collecting. The court assesses these penalties, but it's up to the winning party to actually get the money. There's a guy out there who owes me well upwards of $10,000. I expect I'll never see a penny of it.

To hit it with a pellet gun at range means the thing was probably on his property. I am guessing nothing happens to this guy.

Mine is about 900 FPS and to knock a drone out, you have to be super lucky.
If you can shoot it with a .22 you can shoot it with a pellet gun especially a higher powered one that surpasses a .22 or better.
People put hogs down no sweat with them.

My question is... Its a federal offense to shoot aircraft and being required to register our drones with the FAA, are we not protected by FEDERAL LAW?

Yes.

Title 18 USC 32, but I don’t believe there have been any federal prosecutions to date. By the way, 18 USC 32 refers to commercial and private aircraft, so this would definitely cover Part 107 and Part 336 operations.

18 U.S. Code § 32 - Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities

Sabotage or damage/destruction of an aircraft (including a UAV), or interference with aircrew (including a remote pilot) is a federal offense.

Some states have laws concerning this as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classic flyer
Yes.

Title 18 USC 32, but I don’t believe there have been any federal prosecutions to date. By the way, 18 USC 32 refers to commercial and private aircraft, so this would definitely cover Part 107 and Part 336 operations.

18 U.S. Code § 32 - Destruction of aircraft or aircraft facilities

Sabotage or damage/destruction of an aircraft (including a UAV), or interference with aircrew (including a remote pilot) is a federal offense.

Some states have laws concerning this as well.
Thanx sir... I was pretty sure we were, but there's so much chatter about "DOWNINING" sUAS I thought maybe I missed something...thanx again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead