DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had a fly away

Aidyheaney

Reactions
IMG_0995.PNG had a crash with my mavic it was 200ft up and 400ft away in LOS at all times I banked right and the warning came up lost gps Atti mode then another warning IMU heading exception in flight switch to Atti mode if craft behaves abnormally (using) to with I had no input on the sticks it took of on me heading for a residential area to which I had no control I would like to know why it done this on a £1000 quad you think there would be more failsafes on board now am left with a damaged quad andwaiting for DJI to get back to me justwondering did this ever happen to

Yikes. 21 satellites and 1 bar god health.

There are several threads around here about it. Use the search tool on the top menu and search 'gps health'.

Only minor crash I've had was related. Was flying around, then brought it down under some trees. Flew it to the right, hit the pause button to test. It just kept on drifting right and not responding to stick input. Luckily only 5 feet off the ground, just a broken propeller and a scuff on the top of the battery.

IMG_1009.JPG
Yikes. 21 satellites and 1 bar god health.

There are several threads around here about it. Use the search tool on the top menu and search 'gps health'.

Only minor crash I've had was related. Was flying around, then brought it down under some trees. Flew it to the right, hit the pause button to test. It just kept on drifting right and not responding to stick input. Luckily only 5 feet off the ground, just a broken propeller and a scuff on the top of the battery.
My gimble is not calibrating busted battery crack in the front leg waiting on DJI to get back to me my main issue that when it flew off it was heading for a residential area I had thoughts it hitting someone or going threw a car window would be kinda scared to fly it now after this I have a phantom 3 advanced as well never ever had a issue with that

View attachment 8765
My gimble is not calibrating busted battery crack in the front leg waiting on DJI to get back to me my main issue that when it flew off it was heading for a residential area I had thoughts it hitting someone or going threw a car window would be kinda scared to fly it now after this I have a phantom 3 advanced as well never ever had a issue with that

Ouch. DJI refresh I hope?

It seems that the lack of a dedicated atti mode to practice in those conditions was a bad choice on DJI's part. I've also seen that the atti mode on the Mavic doesn't act like a 'real' atti mode at all!
I've flown a lot of toy quads and know how it should work, but it seems like the Mavic's mode is non responsive and basically a "something went wrong and now you might be f*&#'d!"

Did yours seem unresponsive when it happened? Also concerned about the IMU error you had when it all went down.

No input on the sticks all was heading on its own no matter what direction I pulled the sticks it was just doing its own thing

Just hope DJI replace my mavic only got it on the Monday and it crashed on the Wednesday least with the phantom you can flick Atti mode and it fly well but the mavic nothing even if I get it sorted I'd be a bit weary about flying it again

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine