DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Had an NFZ today !

If a fire was close to my house and there were low-flying aircraft in the area, and there was a TFR in place, I wouldn't be flying my Mavic there.

It's temporary. You'll live.

Reactions: dirkclod
Called the FAA in Albuquerque a couple days ago and they told me that July 16 it would be lifted sooner. Fire 97% contained and the NFZ was remove. Only a week but within that week I tried unlock zones, tried beginners mode and even thought WIFI might work ! Didn't try aluminum foil though. What upsets me I was 2.5 Mi. away and could not even start the props, beginners mode please at least !

Again, the TFR zone was the entire 7 nautical mile radius from the point specific AND it extends from the surface to a height of 14,500 feet "TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING ACFT OPS" as specified in the notice.

Come on, man! Stop. Note also that you cannot "unlock" a TFR zone.

Reactions: Nikon1
Again, the TFR zone was the entire 7 nautical mile radius from the point specific AND it extends from the surface to a height of 14,500 feet "TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING ACFT OPS" as specified in the notice.

Come on, man! Stop. Note also that you cannot "unlock" a TFR zone.
Don't feel bad , I'm 2 1/2 miles from a National Park and almost half my property that is privately owned is in the NPS NFZ, go figure ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic