DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hand launch and land

Jameslavis

Reactions
Anyone have a solid hand launch and land procedure? I’ve done it with just a button slide and it goes up

Landing I just get to a hover and I can two finger pinch it and hold right stick down to shut it down. I have no landing protection on or it gets disabled.

Hold drone with one hand and manually (CSC) start motors. Pull drone down so motors automatically throttle up as it detects motion and let go as it takes over. It will happily hover without you having to throttle up at all.

For landing, reach out and grab it mid air while gently throttling down. As soon as it's grabbed, the landing protection will try and make it rise so throttle down to max and motors will shut off within a couple of seconds.

I like to disable Landing Protection so I can easily reach up and grab my Mavic Pro while it's hovering above my head. If you want to keep that setting enabled, you could hold your hand out flat and land the Mavic Pro on your hand. That works too, but I think it's a little more dangerous since the spinning props will be closer to your eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast