DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360 easy to use

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I'm an android user. I have litchi, can you upload photos to Hangar 360 and it will stitch it together for you? If not, anyone know of any options?

Yes you can.....but I would never do it. There TOS seem to say that when you upload your photos to their server, the resulting panorama is their property which they allow you to use. That seems backwards to me...

In the (c) business this is called a Land Grab and is a very frowned-upon way of working.

So if you want to lose the rights to your pictures use the Hangar 360 service. Otherwise stitch it yourself with one of the many capable programs!

Tom

That is a rather pessimistic outlook.

The say they do not share photos with anyone else.

At the end of the day, they want to sell to business and have companies buy the logo instead of hanger photo.

That is a rather pessimistic outlook.

The say they do not share photos with anyone else.

At the end of the day, they want to sell to business and have companies buy the logo instead of hanger photo.

Nothing pessimistic. Straight realism out of their website: Hangar 360 FAQs | Hangar
Scroll down and it says:

Can I share my finished 360 photo even though Hangar owns the rights?
Of course! We encourage you to share the 360 photo with everyone you know!

So there you go. They own the rights to the 360 photo. You just gave your copyright away.....that is evil!!

Tom

Not at all, they are giving a free service if you choose to use it.

You still have the photos on the drone you can use and stitch them yourself with another program.

You still have the photos on the drone you can use and stitch them yourself with another program.

Precisely just like the one I edited myself direct from the 23 saved pictures from the bird [emoji106]

Yes but you gave away a panorama....
If you are OK with that sure go ahead. Just be careful with any service to do with photography. Many are out to get the rights to photos without and financial return. Always read the fine print!

The worst offenders are photography contests. There are some genuine ones out there but the grand majority want to get free high quality photography in return for relatively small prizes. Worst is that most of those prizes are sponsored. So they take your rights and perhaps give you something in return which they didn't pay for. So read the small print and do not become a victim of these predators.

Tom

I guess if you ever take a 360 you feel might be worthy of sale, you should choose to stitch it yourself. Other than the messed up copyright details, this app is awesome.

I take it since the latest hangar 360 update you cannot use it without the latest firmware? Im on .550 and it does nothing whatsoever other than tell me i have unsupported firmware.

yeah that's the latest firmware, I had to downgrade due to the gimbal roll problems with the latest.

Back at it again [emoji3] Hangar 360 Photo

Nice 360 Touroulis, just be careful that the grader does not start up and run over your car and clean you up as well ;)

one more question guys, should I use jpg or raw or both, or does Hanger 360 take care of that ?

Tried 360 yesterday, it took all photos then said it had finished but I can't find the finished product only individual photos on SD.
Obviously doing something wrong.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers.

I tried it today for the first time.
I guess everything went ok except when uploading photos to the server. It fails at least 4 times.
In the end it came up with this:

Hangar 360 Photo

What went wrong?

Reactions: avanti1963
I tried it today for the first time.
I guess everything went ok except when uploading photos to the server. It fails at least 4 times.
In the end it came up with this:

Hangar 360 Photo

What went wrong?
I had it happen once or twice. Only advice would be to try again. Something on their end is my guess.

I had it happen once or twice. Only advice would be to try again. Something on their end is my guess.
Aside the fact that was a windy day, so it was a little bit hard to hover in place, I thought it might be the many upload attempts that could fail the result.
Well, I'll try again later. Thanks for your reply. Very easy to use the app btw.

Reactions: ISpeekW00kie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie