DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hangar 360

Well, I had the Hangar 360 app opened and when it did not work, I closed it and opened DJI Go, does that mean I had both going at the same time? I am a little confused.
I'm the same. Not tried Hangar yet, wondered if you need to obtain GPS etc with Go before switching to Hangar etc. Then also does it work switching back to Go mid flight after Hangar has done its business to continue a flight.

Well, I had the Hangar 360 app opened and when it did not work, I closed it and opened DJI Go, does that mean I had both going at the same time? I am a little confused.
Yes. I'm not saying that's the reason; though. I just told you how I used to shoot in Hangar.

I use an iPad mini 4 and I am not at all familiar with iOS (or Android for that matter) I am mostly a PC person. If I have an app open and then go to another app, do I close the first one? If not exactly how DO I close an app? It does seem logical that I should only have one controlling app open but I am not sure how to do this!

iPad Mini is also Apple, so it should be quite the same modus operandi: close the app, then double press the home button, find the app again (it stays open in the background) swipe it up and so it should be completely shut down.

I realize iPad is Apple, it's Apple I'm not familiar with. You say "close the app" and then double click the home button, hitting the home button is the only way I know to "close the app"... what am I missing? Sorry to be so dense...

Ok, I just discovered that double clicking the home button shows back ground apps running... I never knew that. Sorry for the dumb questions but I learned something! Thanks, Capra V!

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
No worries; I hope you all manage to use it in the end!
Oh, and about the Hangar user interface: although it looks very simplified compared to the DJI GO4 app, it still runs some check lists in the background, related to GPS connection, calibrations, errors etc.; the guys behind this app know what they do; even if they offer it for free usage!

Hi Everyboody !

Diego from Argentina here.
Flown original Phantom couple years ago , then P2 , F450 , Inspire 1 and now Mavic Pro.

Also Beta tester for Hangar, got the 360 app and its a piece of cake to operate.

The app works in sync with DJI GO 4 app. It asked me to update DJI firmware to 600 first.

Then , easy as 1-2-3 , Mavic rises to 300ft., takes 23 pixs , return to home .

Then the app downloads the pixs ( 120mb aprox ), send them to Hangar server and in less than 5 minutes , sends a link to the 360 panorama view.

Here is mine:

Hangar 360 Photo

Take care and good fligths.

Diego

Reactions: nomakase
I am a newbe and have only had my Mavic about 2 weeks I just tried Hangar 360 with the 0.550 firmware and got an error that said "aircraft firmware not supported". After researching this it turns out that 0.400, 0.500 and 0.550 caused some erratic problems that are fixed in 0.600. I upgraded to 0.600 and it started off working but....

It would only hover at 4 feet while saying "flying to 300 ft." It just sat there. I could have manually taken it to 300 ft. but I wanted to be sure I knew what was going on so I shut down Hangar 360 and took over with DJI Go4 and just flew a regular flight. Anyone know what I did wrong?

I was hoping I find the solution in this forum. Mine is doing the same thing.

I have the latest firmware and mine does the same thing. I kept X'ing out and starting again and when I do that it would bump up a couple of inches. Finally I got frustrated and took the Mavic to 300 feet and when it went past 300 feet the user interface changed to "Taking picture 1 of 23". And it just hovered there doing nothing. Finally I started turning the Mavic slowly and as I turned I got the indication that it took the picture, and the annotation read "Taking picture 2 of 23".

I kept turning the Mavic until it finished taking all 23 pictures. It actually tilted down the camera when it was finished taking a picture of the horizon. I don't recall how many times I turned the Mavic. I'm thinking it was 5 or 6 times.

The picture actually came out okay. There's some breaks because I tried to manually take control cause I wasn't sure what it was doing. I'm gonna try it again and see if I can get a better image now that I know how to manually work it.

I emailed tech support but haven't heard back. I'm sure it's incompatibility with the firmware.

I personally never tried flying the Mavic with both apps (GO 4 and Hangar) running at the same time. Ran either one, or the other.

The IOS can only run one program at a time unlike the Android where it will run as many programs as long as there's resources available. But even if more than one program is running at the same time, only one user interface can be running which means only one of those apps is able to control the drone.

Ranger Ed, I found the solution, at least for me. I accidently had the sport mode switch in sport mode. Once I put it in the correct positionit worked great! BTW I am using 0.600 firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilybrown24