DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hard case that will also accomodate a MavMount

Dronebow

Reactions
I am in the process of looking for a waterproof, hard case that will be good to take on trips where we are doing things like canoeing, rafting or other things that may involve water. I recently bought a MavMount and I really like it so I'm looking for a hard case that will not be too large but have an extra space for other items like this mount.

CUSTOM Protective Carry Storage Case Box Bag for DJI Mavic Pro Drone HEAVY DUTY | eBay

I've found the above and it may work fine but wondering what others have found for similar purposes.

Reactions: Aerial West
So far, I haven't found any hard case that fits my needs, so after lots of searching, I came across kaizen foams. They're primarily used for gun cases and tool boxes and are totally customizable...with a little bit of elbow grease (if you know what I mean)....thought it doesn't seem to be difficult.

Sample:

So far, I haven't found any hard case that fits my needs, so after lots of searching, I came across kaizen foams. They're primarily used for gun cases and tool boxes and are totally customizable...with a little bit of elbow grease (if you know what I mean)....thought it doesn't seem to be difficult.

Sample:
What case are you planning to use to put the foam in?

What case are you planning to use to put the foam in?

The easy way for me would be to buy a pelican 1450 or pelican iM2100 storm...only because there are already kaizen foam kits that fit those (and other pelican cases). That way I'll only have to focus on cutting the pockets for my Mavic things, instead of having to deal with shaping it to fit a universal hard case.

The other option I was thinking of was to make use of what i currently have...a B&W type 3000 case and buy the kaizen foam for the iM2100 (they're both very similar in interior dimensions) and customize it for my needs.

Sample iM2100: iM2100 Storm - Small Watertight Case | Hard Case | Pelican Professional

The easy way for me would be to buy a pelican 1450 or pelican iM2100 storm...only because there are already kaizen foam kits that fit those (and other pelican cases). That way I'll only have to focus on cutting the pockets for my Mavic things, instead of having to deal with shaping it to fit a universal hard case.

The other option I was thinking of was to make use of what i currently have...a B&W type 3000 case and buy the kaizen foam for the iM2100 (they're both very similar in interior dimensions) and customize it for my needs.

Sample iM2100: iM2100 Storm - Small Watertight Case | Hard Case | Pelican Professional
Thanks! I'll have to compare the size of the iM2100 to the ready made cases to get an idea of space. I've always wanted a Pelican case too.. they are very well made. Not cheap but well made.

You know, when I compare the dimensions of the case I listed on the first post, it's actually a bigger case. I may go that route and if I want to customize it then I'll order the foam inserts.

You could also consider the MC-Cases Explorer Edition case for the Mavic Pro. It has a removable side section for larger items or if may fit in the storage area if you take the clamp off of the mount before storing. I have actually been talking to them about getting a U.S. distributor to make their pricing more competitive as the shipping cost from Germany makes them less attractive. They told me today they plan on shipping a large shipment to the U.S. so they can relist them on Amazon Prime and offer free shipping. So if your interested in any of their cases. keep a look at them on Amazon.

dji-mavic-explorer-travel-case-hp-com.jpg

Reactions: Dronebow
This was the only other case that I was considering. I went with the Go Pro case only because of the size.

I ordered the Go Pro case last Friday as well but may pick up an explorer case if they relist them on Amazon Prime with free shipping because I like the additional storage on the side for other items.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom