DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone experienced App crashes with Crystalsky?

rfc

Reactions
I've been reading thread after thread about DJIGo4 crashing with various phones, tablets, firmware, software etc. Considering a UBCrystalsky screen. I've not found much about the app crashing on that platform. Is it more stable than using other screens?

Is it more stable than using other screens?
The reason why it would be/is more stable than other screens (i.e. Android devices) is because DJI can develop the GO app knowing exactly what the hardware requirements are. As you know there has got to be at least 300+ various Android devices on the market. All with unique hardware, thus making it a software engineers nightmare.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The reason why it would be/is more stable than other screens (i.e. Android devices) is because DJI can develop the GO app knowing exactly what the hardware requirements are. As you know there has got to be at least 300+ various Android devices on the market. All with unique hardware, thus making it a software engineers nightmare.
If what you suggest is true in reality, it'd sure be a big plus for me. There's certainly enough to think about just becoming a competent pilot, building situational awareness, navigation, and control in unusual circumstances, etc. Not having to worry about your hardware just up and deciding to quit would be a huge benefit.

If what you suggest is true in reality, it'd sure be a big plus for me. There's certainly enough to think about just becoming a competent pilot, building situational awareness, navigation, and control in unusual circumstances, etc. Not having to worry about your hardware just up and deciding to quit would be a huge benefit.
Always remember even if the app "crashes" you still have the RC to control the drone as long as there is a connection.

Unfortunately even though the CrystalSky is DJI hardware, product history shows that the CrystalSky platform is the last to be updated by DJI. My bet is that the majority of users are on iOS, next Android, and finally us CS users and that is the update order.
:confused:
Wouldn't stability trump having the newest features sooner? In all likelyhood, the software running on the Crystalsky IS more stable because it's NOT updated every week or so.

Wouldn't stability trump having the newest features sooner? In all likelyhood, the software running on the Crystalsky IS more stable because it's NOT updated every week or so.
And to add on that...the DJI Go app on the CS is NOT the same as what is used on non CS Android devices.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Never had a crash on my 5.5 CS and I don't care about the firmware release order I'm happy that by the time the CS update has come out IOS and mobile Andriod users have done a number of weeks worth of crash testing before DJI release the CS version :)

"... crash testing ..." - hope not litteralliy :)

No crashes of the app (have tested only latest two versions) on a CS 7.85
I should mention though serious video problems (choppyness, picture freeze) when recording the screen with DU Recorder.
For maximum stability i think one shouldn't install additional apps.
I recently reset the CS and only installed Airdata sync tool (HD Sync App - Airdata UAV), cause it is strictly designed for the CS series.

Don't forget to enable D-Opt on the main menu to make video silky smooth!

Best
-G

About 25 flights without any problems with my 5.5.

I installed google services and Google play store, as indicated by another forum topic, had installed Dropbox, Kodi and YouTube and Google maps. after a few flights without problem, there were two behind the dji go crashed in mid-flight when it was modifying the video settings. I was able to reopen it after three attempts, but when trying to modify the video settings again, the transmitted image was blurred, it was then to give up changing the configuration and brought the drone back. I confess that I was disappointed, I made a reset to the factory settings and did not install any other application. I'll watch it happen again.

I installed google services and Google play store, as indicated by another forum topic, had installed Dropbox, Kodi and YouTube and Google maps. after a few flights without problem, there were two behind the dji go crashed in mid-flight when it was modifying the video settings. I was able to reopen it after three attempts, but when trying to modify the video settings again, the transmitted image was blurred, it was then to give up changing the configuration and brought the drone back. I confess that I was disappointed, I made a reset to the factory settings and did not install any other application. I'll watch it happen again.

I think the issues we are having with DJI Go 4 are all related to version 4.1.18, even DJI on the android and IOS platforms have moved past this version.
However in the CS they haven't allowed the next upgrade to 4.1.22 which appears to be more stable.

Have you notice the CS getting hotter lately and the fans coming on straight away, that because 4.1.18 is over tasking the CS CPU due to poor coding.

DJI need to port over 4.1.22 to the CS as soon as possible

I think the issues we are having with DJI Go 4 are all related to version 4.1.18, even DJI on the android and IOS platforms have moved past this version.
However in the CS they haven't allowed the next upgrade to 4.1.22 which appears to be more stable.

Have you notice the CS getting hotter lately and the fans coming on straight away, that because 4.1.18 is over tasking the CS CPU due to poor coding.

DJI need to port over 4.1.22 to the CS as soon as possible

in fact, because of cpu over tasking CS is heating up a lot.

I was able to crash my Crystal Sky Ultra the first time I fired it up. The touchscreen does not work well in one corner, and my incessant tapping crashed the Go4 app. I have since found that the back button on the side can get you out of trouble if the touchscreen is unresponsive. The Crystal Sky Ultra is good, but not state of the art. The map redraws seems a bit slower than my iPad Air 2. Its considerably less capable than multifunction displays used in marine applications, which have much more capable microprocessors (nearly instantaneous mapping with radar overlays and side scanning sonar displayed on a single screen). The sonar/fishfinder displays are brighter in direct sunlight than the Crystal Sky. But the marine displays weigh up to 5 pounds with massive heat sinks and draw several amps, which makes them impractical for our use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer