DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Has anyone tried the Spotlight Mode with an unmoving object?

ccpopham

Reactions
I had tried to do this with my P3P, but it crashed in some trees and cant fly right now. There is a nice water tower near me and I wanted to do a flyover and have the camera keep the top of the water tower centered as I flyover and the drone would yaw around and raise the camera as I flyover. I could not get this to quite work and was wondering if it would work with Spotlght mode on the mavic.

Spotlight works much like point of interest. It will circle a still object and you can change speed while it rotates.

I am by no means an expert but still a noobie myself but what you are looking to do I am also. I am thinking and maybe some of the litchi users can chime in but isn't this kind of what litchi-focus mode does? I've yet to find active track - spotlight capable of this as it does not recognize the object.

Spotlight works much like point of interest. It will circle a still object and you can change speed while it rotates.
Not sure you are thinking of spotlight mode here.
In spotlight you can lock onto a still or moving object and move the drone (manually) freely around it.
The camera stays locked on the subject - this is actually pretty clever and potentially useful at times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan