DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

have we reached the point of to much reliance on technology

You can't turn off GPS and sport mode uses GPS just like the other modes do.
Yes you can. Tape heavy duty aluminum foil to the top - if you dare, 'cause you can't flick a switch once it's in the air to go back to GPS. So doing this increases risk of loss or crashing.

I'd like to try this indoors though and see if it'll rely solely on vision, providing the lighting is adequate.

hi fellow flyers i am starting this thread to ask the question in the title.it is in reguards to the UAVs themselves not about cameras the worry that i see is before long our hobby as UAV pilots will be superceded by us being a hobby of UAV launchers i have no problem with tech that makes our UAVs safer or better able to take amazing pictures but i fear that the tech is taking away the pure pleasure of controlling something flying through the air i know you can turn off the gps stick it in sport mode.or even airplane mode and wiz around but to me that defeats the object of having the tech on board i feel that the latest DJI UAVs are trying to be all things to all people and there complexety is there downfall when problems arise with there use
Yes, some time ago now. Just wait until self-driving cars become mainstream and they get rid of ALL cashiers everywhere. What a grand time that will be, even less human interaction...

Yes, some time ago now. Just wait until self-driving cars become mainstream and they get rid of ALL cashiers everywhere. What a grand time that will be, even less human interaction...
and our personal robots will go to the store for us. so no need to ever even see, let alone speak to another living person. heck even the dogs get walked by a metal machine. might just be a powered treadmill thing. (like in the jetsons).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
europeanomad