DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Have you tested the drone delivery app yet?

There are 48 hours remaining on the Kickstarter! Thank you to everyone who has pledged and helped us reach 150% of our goal. The delivery boxes will not be available for purchase while we are fulfilling Kickstarter orders.

Drone delivery boxes for everyone! Oh, except we have no authorization to fly anytime in the near future. Or ever.

Drone delivery boxes for everyone! Oh, except we have no authorization to fly anytime in the near future. Or ever.

Currently you have full authorization to perform deliveries within line of sight. Drone deliveries outside line of sight are already possible with waivers, and eventually they will not require them. Drone delivery is inevitable.

§107.31 Visual line of sight aircraft operation.
NASA UTM Program - Complete this September
NASA UPP Program - 10 Testing Sites for Commercial Drone Operations
FAA IPP Program - 13 Testing Sites for Commercial Drone Operations
3/12/19 - FAA Grant's Flirtey BVLOS Waiver

§107.39 Operation over human beings and § 107.29 Daylight operation.
1/17/19 - New FAA Rules Would Let Drone Pilots Fly at Night and Over People Without a Waiver

§107.41 Operation in certain airspace.
LAANC - 90 second approval within all classes of airspace instead of 90 days.

Currently you have full authorization to perform deliveries within line of sight. Drone deliveries outside line of sight are already possible with waivers, and eventually they will not require them. Drone delivery is inevitable.

§107.31 Visual line of sight aircraft operation.
NASA UTM Program - Complete this September
NASA UPP Program - 10 Testing Sites for Commercial Drone Operations
FAA IPP Program - 13 Testing Sites for Commercial Drone Operations
3/12/19 - FAA Grant's Flirtey BVLOS Waiver

§107.39 Operation over human beings and § 107.29 Daylight operation.
1/17/19 - New FAA Rules Would Let Drone Pilots Fly at Night and Over People Without a Waiver

§107.41 Operation in certain airspace.
LAANC - 90 second approval within all classes of airspace instead of 90 days.

Ok, so now you need to be specific instead of simply posting links to content related mainly to “proposals”.

Where EXACTLY can the people who funded your kickstarter campaign legally deliver Fast Food using their privately owned drones right now?

Ok, so now you need to be specific instead of simply posting links to content related mainly to “proposals”.

Where EXACTLY can the people who funded your kickstarter campaign legally deliver Fast Food using their privately owned drones right now?
Nowhere in the Kickstarter does it say we are going to be fast food deliveries right now. We are laying the groundwork to do them in the future. Suggesting that drone deliveries are never going to happen is denying the fact that the FAA and NASA are almost done implementing the system to make it happen.

We are building Zing for the everyday drone pilot to facilitate these point to point deliveries using the drones they already have. We also hope to lay the ground work for eventual commercial deliveries that could enable more than 90,000 certified drone pilots to earn money using their own drones.”

Any drone delivery can happen within Part 107 guidelines unless they have a waiver.

For a specific example, a Taco Bell that is on the perimeter of a golf course at 12:30pm on a sunny day. This Taco Bell is not under controlled airspace and the drone pilot can see the golfer he is delivering to with the unaided eye.

Last edited:
Currently you have full authorization to perform deliveries within line of sight.
It would be good if you used proper terminology.
You could fly all the way to the moon and your drone would be within line of sight even though you lost sight of it at 300 metres.

Reactions: ianannase
Nowhere in the Kickstarter does it say we are going to be fast food deliveries right now. We are laying the groundwork to do them in the future. Suggesting that drone deliveries are never going to happen is denying the fact that the FAA and NASA are almost done implementing the system to make it happen.

We are building Zing for the everyday drone pilot to facilitate these point to point deliveries using the drones they already have. We also hope to lay the ground work for eventual commercial deliveries that could enable more than 90,000 certified drone pilots to earn money using their own drones.”

Any drone delivery can happen within Part 107 guidelines unless they have a waiver.

For a specific example, a Taco Bell that is on the perimeter of a golf course at 12:30pm on a sunny day. This Taco Bell is not under controlled airspace and the drone pilot can see the golfer he is delivering to with the unaided eye.

I asked for the "right now" example to help reinforce the fact that there is nothing out there except for lame and obscure gimmicks like the Taco Bell thing you came up with. You keep repeating that "Drone delivery is inevitable" like it's already in the bag or just around the corner.

Sure, the life-saving medical related Drone delivery thing in the City of Reno is real and happening but that Use Case is unique with totally obvious benefits and merit attached. It should not be used as an example when arguing the case for general commercial Drone deliveries is the suburbs where the pros are currently (and for the foreseeable future) outweighed by the cons.

Just so long as everyone understands that, apart from "laying the groundwork" endeavours and hoping to do this and hoping to do that, widespread general commercial Drone delivery in locations that will make it even remotely possible to make a viable profit are still a long way off.

It would be good if you used proper terminology.
You could fly all the way to the moon and your drone would be within line of sight even though you lost sight of it at 300 metres.
Thank you for pointing that out. Normally LOS and VLOS are used interchangeably.

I asked for the "right now" example to help reinforce the fact that there is nothing out there except for lame and obscure gimmicks like the Taco Bell thing you came up with. You keep repeating that "Drone delivery is inevitable" like it's already in the bag or just around the corner.

Sure, the life-saving medical related Drone delivery thing in the City of Reno is real and happening but that Use Case is unique with totally obvious benefits and merit attached. It should not be used as an example when arguing the case for general commercial Drone deliveries is the suburbs where the pros are currently (and for the foreseeable future) outweighed by the cons.

Just so long as everyone understands that, apart from "laying the groundwork" endeavours and hoping to do this and hoping to do that, widespread general commercial Drone delivery in locations that will make it even remotely possible to make a viable profit are still a long way off.

Are you saying just in the United States or globally? Drone deliveries are already happening by the thousands in Australia and Finland with Wing. There have also been over ten thousand commercial deliveries done in Rwanda with Zipline

Last edited:
Thank you for pointing that out. Normally LOS and BVLOS are used interchangeably.

Are you saying just in the United States or globally? Drone deliveries are already happening by the thousands in Australia and Finland with Wing. There have also been over ten thousand commercial deliveries done in Rwanda with Zipline

Seriously?? It hasn't gone past the Trial phase in Australia - how can you possibly suggest that Drone deliveries are already happening by the thousands in Australia?! That is absolutely not true. Maybe a couple of hundred free deliveries but they're not real because it's only a trial. Furthermore there is significant public opposition to the scheme and politicians at all levels always listen carefully to their constituents.

I don't know anything about Finland but I'll certainly spend some time researching your claim. But yes, given that the majority of members of this forum are U.S. based, I have been referring to what's happening there.

Edit: Update - Like in Australia Wing is conducting free trial Done Deliveries in Finland. As for Rwanda I wouldn't be using that basket case of a country as an example of what could happen elsewhere. All you need to get something off the ground there is a big bribe - LOL

Last edited:
Seriously?? It hasn't gone past the Trial phase in Australia - how can you possibly suggest that Drone deliveries are already happening by the thousands in Australia?! That is absolutely not true. Maybe a couple of hundred free deliveries but they're not real because it's only a trial.

I don't know anything about Finland but I'll certainly spend some time researching your claim. But yes, given that the majority of members of this forum are U.S. based, I have been referring to what's happening there.

Edit: Update - Like in Australia Wing is conducting free trial Done Deliveries in Finland. As for Rwanda I wouldn't be using that basket case of a country as an example of what could happen elsewhere. All you need to get something off the ground there is a big bribe - LOL
This will be the first market for Wing in Europe, and its second extended pilot globally: Wing has run four separate trials covering some 55,000 journeys in Australia (and 60,000 overall), carrying things as diverse as medicine and coffee, across a range of environments. As with the Aussie trial, the Finnish service will be free until full commercial launch. It is otherwise run in as market-ready form as possible: people use an app, where they can select items and order their drones.
CEO James Ryan Burgess said in an interview that Wing — and Alphabet — see a clear opportunity to fill a gap when it comes to delivering goods, not just because of the environmental and safety impact of ground-vehicle-based services, but because of the economic angle.

“Today a recipient is charged a delivery fee, but so is the merchant,” he said — which is the typical business model for marketplaces like Amazon’s when it provides services like fulfillment. “Our aim is to provide a service at a cost lower for both. We think single numbers of dollars will be the likely amount an order will cost when it is commercially live.”

Source

This will be the first market for Wing in Europe, and its second extended pilot globally: Wing has run four separate trials covering some 55,000 journeys in Australia (and 60,000 overall), carrying things as diverse as medicine and coffee, across a range of environments. As with the Aussie trial, the Finnish service will be free until full commercial launch. It is otherwise run in as market-ready form as possible: people use an app, where they can select items and order their drones.
CEO James Ryan Burgess said in an interview that Wing — and Alphabet — see a clear opportunity to fill a gap when it comes to delivering goods, not just because of the environmental and safety impact of ground-vehicle-based services, but because of the economic angle.

“Today a recipient is charged a delivery fee, but so is the merchant,” he said — which is the typical business model for marketplaces like Amazon’s when it provides services like fulfillment. “Our aim is to provide a service at a cost lower for both. We think single numbers of dollars will be the likely amount an order will cost when it is commercially live.”

Source

I would bet real money that those statistics are wildly inflated. In any case, as I said in my edited post (before your latest one was published), in Australia there is significant public opposition to the Drone delivery scheme and politicians at all levels always listen very carefully to their constituents.

And again all of this is still in TRIAL phase. That's a key point that you continue to ignore. So what if the Wings C.E.O. sees a clear opportunity. And the whole thing about a greener platform is also a sham - in most cases, fossil fuel is being burned to provide the power to charge the Drone batteries. They can't even come up with arguments that are not loaded with dubious clichés.

I would bet real money that those statistics are wildly inflated. In any case, as I said in my edited post (before your latest one was published), in Australia there is significant public opposition to the Drone delivery scheme and politicians at all levels always listen very carefully to their constituents.

And again all of this is still in TRIAL phase. That's a key point that you continue to ignore. So what if the Wings C.E.O. sees a clear opportunity. And the whole thing about a greener platform is also a sham - in most cases, fossil fuel is being burned to provide the power to charge the Drone batteries. They can't even come up with arguments that are not loaded with dubious clichés.

Being in the trial phases is far better than the idea phase. The data from these 60,000 deliveries will undoubtedly be used in Wing’s case to bring drone delivery to the USA. Plus Alphabet has the influence (financially) to make changes to US policies on their side.

Being in the trial phases is far better than the idea phase.

No need to state the obvious

The data from these 60,000 deliveries will undoubtedly be used in Wing’s case to bring drone delivery to the USA.

Well, Du'h. What else would they be doing?

Plus Alphabet has the influence (financially) to make changes to US policies on their side.

But it won't make much of a difference, if any, to the timeline - nor will it somehow make all of the previously mentioned hurdles magically disappear. Wishful thinking mate - wishful thinking. But hey, if that makes you happy then go with it - LOL.

No Ill intended, but thinking about cost effectivenes from the standpoint of not wearing out/risking my drone, the drone would have to be long to the company. That said, USPS, FedEx, and UPS trucks are les expensive to operate and carry a lot more packages of a lot more weight. Even food delivery is quick by car.
... and I don’t want further restrictions on the airspace I can use.

Less Than 2 Hours Remaining on Kickstarter

Thank you to everyone who has helped us reach 175% of our goal so far! We are going to use any funds gathered from the Kickstarter to improve the Zing applications and delivery boxes.

If you would like to order a Zing delivery box or support us, please visit the Kickstarter link below. Delivery boxes will NOT be available for the next month or two while we fulfill all of the Kickstarter orders. If you want a Zing delivery box or T-shirt you will need to order one before 10pm.

Delivery boxes are available for both the Phantom and Mavic series drones. We are finalizing the Phantom box now and will be sending them out to all of our Kickstarter backers who have chosen the Phantom reward.
Support Zing

We would also recommend that you buy some earplugs soon because drone delivery is coming
That's nice of you. Your statement shows that you have pretty much zero consideration for others that you would inconvenience just so you could make a buck. If allowed, drone delivery would be an unsightly nuisance. It would also lead to increased congestion that would then hamper hobbyists and others using drones. I would lead a coalition of citizens to ban it from any neighborhood that I lived in. We need drone delivery services like we need a hole in our heads. No thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev